Lime

teripp

Ok, here is a different question for the board. Is it ok to bring on board one of those squeeze limes in the plastic lime looking container? Last cruise my friend and I ordered the Gin package. No limes!!!! But we went to the bar and asked for a few limes explaining that we ordered the package and no lime included. Though when we went to the bar I ordered a drink of soda or something so I could request the lime and not feel like I was cheating anyone (and usually tipped a buck) But it was getting old having to do it on a daily basis. Thoughts??

I pick up pieces of lime from the bars often. We have the Elite bar set up and we like lime with vodka and tonic and the sparkling water. The bar tender said we could order it from room service as well. They have always been great about it. I like to pop by the bar where we have a pre dinner drink, that way we know the staff there. We give them enough business.

While I was getting a drink at the bar, on the CB, a month ago - a woman walked up to the bar and ask the waiter if she could purchase a couple of limes. He handed her two limes, both were sliced, smiled at her and told her to have a great day. He was very nice about it, she handed him a couple of dollars, and he said..."no charge"...she left the "tip" laying on the bar. When she walked away, he was all smiles.

either order it each morning with room service enough to last you for the day or two days or do what I did, go to the bar ask for a cup of cut limes or lemons. Throw a dollar tip if you want! This shouldn't be a problem. No one is getting cheated out of anything especially a few limes.

Archived