For questions about dress code during dinner.....

wasiii

.....can't the programmers for this website scan each post and if it has the words 'dress code' in it, then just redirect them to the Carnival website for information? I'm really sick and tired of having to wade through so many posts on this subject on this board.

Can my son wear jeans and a T-shirt (it's expensive) to dinner?

Can my husband wear a dress to formal night?

If my wife only wears a corset and fishnet stockings to dinner is that acceptable?

Everywhere you go, places have guidelines to follow. You can't go above the speed limit, you can't kill anybody, you can't steal, etc., etc., etc. If they want you to dress up for formal night, if they want you to wear resort casual to the dining room, either do it or go eat at the buffet or order room service.

Why do all of these people want to get around what the ship suggests?

When will the madness stop?

Inquiring minds want to know!

:D

.....can't the programmers for this website scan each post and if it has the words 'dress code' in it, then just redirect them to the Carnival website for information? I'm really sick and tired of having to wade through so many posts on this subject on this board.

Can my son wear jeans and a T-shirt (it's expensive) to dinner?

Can my husband wear a dress to formal night?

If my wife only wears a corset and fishnet stockings to dinner is that acceptable?

Everywhere you go, places have guidelines to follow. You can't go above the speed limit, you can't kill anybody, you can't steal, etc., etc., etc. If they want you to dress up for formal night, if they want you to wear resort casual to the dining room, either do it or go eat at the buffet or order room service.

Why do all of these people want to get around what the ship suggests?

When will the madness stop?

Interesting point, normally when I encounter a thread that I don't care to read, I just bypass it, but I think you might have the right idea. :D

I think we should all go into each thread and post a reply that asks why there are so many threads on (insert subject here) and point them to the Carnival website. :D

I think every question that could possibly be asked are answered there. :D

Also, why don't we all ask the moderators to just shut the whole cruise critic website down and point every one to the particular cruise line website for answers.

NOT

Cheers,

Peter

.....When will the madness stop?

Who knows. Those threads are just as annoying as this one. Or threads like "did I make a mistake", "will I like XYX ship", has anyone sailed XYZ ship...etc...

I think I read somewhere that if one doesn't like a thread...skip over it.:rolleyes:

Who knows. Those threads are just as annoying as this one. Or threads like "did I make a mistake", "will I like XYX ship", has anyone sailed XYZ ship...etc...

I think I read somewhere that if one doesn't like a thread...skip over it.:rolleyes:

.....just having to read the titles that question 'What can I wear for formal night?' or 'What can my young son wear to the dining room?'. There's pages and pages about this topic.

So livtojump, if you thought this post was annoying, why did you read it?

:confused:

Sorry to those that think this annoying but it is hard to find answers on Carnival website regarding dress code. Closest I found

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/FAQLanding.aspx

Okay, there is a very bold link from the FAQ's titled "Dress Attire"... you can type "dress code" into the search engine and get this:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Dining_Room_Dress_Requirements.aspx

You can also get there from several other places on the Carnival website...

It's also in every Carnival catalog... Hard to find?? How?? Seriously, just asking...

To the OP... you are new, and if you are already annoyed, you might want to bow out now :p LOL Your thread isn't going to change things...

Sorry to those that think this annoying but it is hard to find answers on Carnival website regarding dress code. Closest I found

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/FAQLanding.aspx

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Dress_Attire.aspx

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Dining_Room_Dress_Requirements.aspx

Any ambiguity therein is to be ignored -- just use the good sense you were born with. Any attempt on your part to ask questions and solicit opinions in order to gain clarification is bound to inconvenience certain cruisecritics who'd simply rather not have to read yet another thread about it. So, c'mon, just be cooperative, will ya? Whaddaya think this is? A public forum?

So CAN I wear the fishnet hose and a corset for dinner? I have a really fancy set.... LOL

*wink*

What about manpris? I understand that as long as they are not denim, it is acceptable. Anyone ever been kicked out of the dining room for wearing these?

Yeah, I guess it is too much to expect someone to go to that page and scroll down to the "d"s and open the heading "dress attire". :rolleyes:

I'm sorry I posted anything. I know I couldn't find anything on the NCL website so it isn't always as easy as it appears. Isn't that what this forum is all about? I thought it is an easy way to get answers quickly. I guess I'm wrong about this website. Geeez

I'm sorry I posted anything. I know I couldn't find anything on the NCL website so it isn't always as easy as it appears. Isn't that what this forum is all about? I thought it is an easy way to get answers quickly. I guess I'm wrong about this website. Geeez

This site is good but sometimes the folks on it aren't too nice, to newbies which is what the site is really about. That my opinion and I am sticking to it :p :p :p :p

It is very easy to get answers... but the guidelines ask you to browse or search first, before starting a thread... a quick search would yield you plenty of very current answers... if you do a quick search and can't find what you need, start a thread... just make sure what you are looking for isn't on the first page :p LOL You won't always get a quick answer though by starting a thread... you will by searching... good luck!

Yeah there are always cruise critic critics. If they know the answer to something then everyone should, or if they have been on here for years and know all the ins and outs then everyone should, after all I am sure they were total whizzes when they started on here also.

Archived