Holiday Menu's

Will be lucky enough to spend Christmas 2007 week on the Freedom of the Seas.

Now I know there are lots of threads on the menu's, and the fact that there 'may' br a new menu being introduced Fleet wise soon, but I was just wondering.....

If most 7 day cruises have the same menu rotation, do they introduce, or change anything for Christmas week. ie will Christmas Eve or Day be formal when not usually, or will they stick to the 'normal' menu rotation.

Or do they even introcuce 'special' menus for Christmas Eve / Day etc.

Will be lucky enough to spend Christmas 2007 week on the Freedom of the Seas.

Now I know there are lots of threads on the menu's, and the fact that there 'may' br a new menu being introduced Fleet wise soon, but I was just wondering.....

If most 7 day cruises have the same menu rotation, do they introduce, or change anything for Christmas week. ie will Christmas Eve or Day be formal when not usually, or will they stick to the 'normal' menu rotation.

Or do they even introcuce 'special' menus for Christmas Eve / Day etc.

I have never been aboard Christmas, but I was on Celebrity [different line, but same company] Infinity Thanksgiving Day 2006. One of the dinner choices was sliced turkey/ dressing/ cranberry/ potatoes, but this is a standard menu item which I presume that made sure appeared that day. We had eaten in the Cafe at lunch that day, and they did have turkey breast at the carving station which I had, so for dinner I went with the steak. They had also had turkey on the dinner menu a couple of days before Thanksgiving, and I had remarked that we seemed to be getting Thanksgiving leftovers BEFORE Thanksgiving :D. So I didn't see anything particularly special for Thanksgiving [just the usual shipboard excess of good food;)], but I'm sure that you won't go hungry! As an aside, we were aboard the X Mercury in Alaska Mother's Day 2005 and every woman did receive a nice long stemmed rose, so they did acknowledge the day. Enjoy!

Have never done Christmas but have done T-giving several years. They usually make that night formal (instead of a different night) and they have a special menu. It is a "scroll" with the ship name, date, etc. that you can take home. It had turkey/dressing, pumpkin pie, prime rib, etc. It was not one of the normal rotation menus. This may vary from ship to ship though depending on the Exec Chef and Maitre D. (Even though I realize most dining issues are "fleetwide".)

Archived