heated pool on Explorer?

Hi all,

Looking into a cruise that leaves Jan 13th on the Explorer from New York. My question is are the pools heated for the first few days???

Thanks for your answers

There is certainly no enclosed pool, and I doubt if the open pools are heated.

IMO, this is one of the things that makes RCI a poor choice out of NYC in the winter. I would highly recommend HAL's Noordam as an alternative.

Voyager-class ships, such as the Explorer, do NOT have enclosed solariums.

Sorry to have misled. I have never been on a Voyager class. Both Vision and Radiance class have an indoor pool so I naturally assumed that a bigger ship would have one. Can't they close off the solarium? It seems like an obvious omission to me, particularly as the Voyager class ships are movingt away from their traditional Caribbean itineraries.

Sorry to have misled. I have never been on a Voyager class. Both Vision and Radiance class have an indoor pool so I naturally assumed that a bigger ship would have one. Can't they close off the solarium? It seems like an obvious omission to me, particularly as the Voyager class ships are movingt away from their traditional Caribbean itineraries.

Solarium on Explorer this photo link is posted in the Explorer thread.

Maybe they could make a change to adapt it to colder weather but that is what it is now.

http://images19.fotki.com/v32/photos/4/45949/4199238/solarium_EX_061028_009-vi.jpg

Wes

Solarium on Explorer this photo link is posted in the Explorer thread.

Maybe they could make a change to adapt it to colder weather but that is what it is now.

http://images19.fotki.com/v32/photos/4/45949/4199238/solarium_EX_061028_009-vi.jpg

Wes

Wow. Seems just like the solarium on the smaller ships. It just lacks a cover. They should put one on - for the Caribbean, OK, but this is not suitable for New york in the winter!:eek:

You're right; it is an obvious omission, especially when Explorer has been competing against ships like HAL Noordam, NCL Dawn and Crown Princess that do have better indoor pool alternatives.

I love RCI, but it's really hard to recommend sailing Explorer out of a cold-weather port in winter.

I've sailed Noordam's Southern Caribbean itinerary for he past 2 Christmases and loved it.

Archived