Vines and International Cafe

fb0075

Only what you consume. :D

Actually, everything that there is a charge for is clearly marked. During the mornings, there are pastries available in the International Cafe which are ''free''. Around lunch, they have ''free'' cookies, various salads, and some sandwiches -- all free.

The things you WILL pay for -- fresh brewed coffee ($1 a cup). I suggest you get a coffee card which allows you unlimited fresh brewed coffee plus 15 specialty drinks. The gelato is $1.50 for 3 dips -- very much worth it! Things like caramel apples, chocolate covered strawberries, fondue -- those all cost. Then in the evening they have tapas which also cost.

I didn't ever eat in Vines, but understand that the sushi is very reasonable and very good. However it (and of course the wine) do cost.

I will tell you that everything I chose to purchase was VERY good, but there is plenty there that doesn't cost.

the tapas and the sushi which you can buy in the evening are excellent.

Almost every lunchtime I ate in the International Cafe. There is a nice selection of paninis, quiche and sandwiches as well as great desserts all at no charge. I found it a relaxing way to have lunch and it was great for people watching too!

On the Crown we ended up eating most lunches in the Piazza. Between the delicious sushi at Vines (Pay) and the salads and sandwiches (free) we had great meals for lunch without going to the dining room or buffet. There is so much going on in the Piazza that it makes a great hang out during the day and evenings on the Crown.

On the Crown we ended up eating most lunches in the Piazza. Between the delicious sushi at Vines (Pay) and the salads and sandwiches (free) we had great meals for lunch without going to the dining room or buffet. There is so much going on in the Piazza that it makes a great hang out during the day and evenings on the Crown.

Hey there, Benny.

Hope all is well with you. I noticed that you're booked on the Crown. I'm glad to know that Fabian is feeling up to cruising and that your folks will join you.

Bon Voyage!

Chris

Hey Chris, sorry that we missed you when you were up our way. We booked the other Crown because it is a small ship and while we're in Bermuda we can get around on Moto Scooters and not walk too much. Fabian is still not great and will have surgery this fall :(. Sorry to hijack this thread.

Now back to the regular programming.:D

Archived