Coral Princess questions

trav'linteach

I have searched thru the Princess website and other literature trying to find the answers to these questions...but no luck. I thought the experts on "the boards" might know.

Which pools are kids permitted to swim in?

Can you check-out books from the library?

Is there a clock in the cabin?

Is there free hot water available throughout the day for powdered instant tea/hot cocoa we may want to bring on board?

Do the laundry machines take coins only?

Really no irons permitted? What about curling irons/flat irons for hair?

(silly question :rolleyes: )

What about sneakers with Dockers/Cargo pants (non-jean) in the dining rooms?

Still packing...19 days to go!

Thanks!

I will try to help as much as possible as I was on Coral last month (with 2 kids)

Which pools are kids permitted to swim in?

They are permitted in all pools. When we were there, the splash pool was not open. The lotus pool was probably the best during the Alaskan cruise as it was indoors, so warmer when you got out.

Can you check-out books from the library?

Absolutely! In fact, they even have a small section of children's books. You will, however, need to check the patter to see when the library will be staffed for checkout.

Is there a clock in the cabin?

Only on the phone

Is there free hot water available throughout the day for powdered instant tea/hot cocoa we may want to bring on board?

This one I am not sure of.

Do the laundry machines take coins only?

yes, However, they do have a change machine in the laundry room.

Really no irons permitted? What about curling irons/flat irons for hair?

(silly question :rolleyes: )

They are fine.

What about sneakers with Dockers/Cargo pants (non-jean) in the dining rooms?

On non-formal nights, that should be fine. My DH wore dockers most nights. My DSs (ages 9 and 8) wore dockers with sneakers on non-formals.

Have a great cruise!

I am used to HAL and thinking of Princess. They allow tennis shoes in the Dining room at dinner time???

While most may not wear sneakers to the dining room, Princess will not turn someone away on smart casual nights for wearing sneakers.

I bought a small, battery-operated digital clock at Wal-Mart for about $5, and use it as our travel alarm clock. It stays in the luggage with the battery taken out so that it is ready for the next trip. I like to be able to see what time it is when I wake up at night, and this little clock does the job perfectly.

You can also request wake-up calls thru Princess over the phone.

In my experiences on the Coral Princess (twice) I have noted the adults only also. There was also signage stating this. Now, I have not been on her since last year so maybe it has changed.

The Lotus pool has been adults only on all of our cruises on the Coral.

As far as hot water goes there are urns in the buffet where you can get the hot water. Of course the cups are there for your instant beverage also. Passengers go up to the buffet in the morning to get coffee and bring it to the cabins, so I'm sure you could do the same:) Enjoy your cruise.

We were on the Island Princess last May. On the 3 day coastal from LA to Vancouver the Lotus pool was open to everyone. I'm sure it's because the weather was way to windy and cold to be outside in the pool.

So I would imagine that the lotus pool on Alaska cruises would be open to everyone also because of the cooler weather.

We will be on the Coral heading NB toward Alaska. I would hope that the indoor pool would be open to kids...supervised by parents of course. Mine are 16 and 12 and they would probably swim in the outdoor pool anyway...but I might not want to sit out there in the cold and keep an eye on them. I prefer the indoor pool if it is available.

There is a really neat splash pool up on the Sports Deck that is around 8" deep for the kids. May not work for an Alaska cruise, though. The wave in the pool moves around in a circle.

thanks all.

BTW' date=' why do some cruisers pack flashlights?[/quote']

Just in case you loose power - the staterooms get very dark. It has only happened to us once on board - the Sea Princess - and the outage only lasted a few minutes.

We pack one when traveling (a small one) in case there is a power loss in a hotel, as well.

Archived