costa rica cruise

thatbloominplace

we are thinking of taking a costa rica cruise this winter on a windstar ship. we have sailed with them before, so we know what to expect from the ship. what i need to know is more about the itinerary. is this all ocean activites or are there land opportunities as well? any idea as to where the pre-cruise hotel is and how far from the ship it is? also, any can't miss shore excursions. any info would be appreciated.

thanks,

steve

steve:

let me try to answer some of your questions. we were on the costa rica trip this past january and loved it. the precruise hotel through windstar was nice-i cannot remember the name-it is a 2 1/2 hour bus ride to the ship (they make a 1/2 hour "souvenier" stop along the way). the hotel is in san jose and had a great pool, good free breakfast buffet and the rooms were nice and clean-we stayed there 2 nights.

for shore excursions, i went ziplining and LOVED it! and mu husband and I went atv riding and loved that one too-other then that, we just went to the beaches ourselves, and we took a nature walk ourselves on curu (I think) that was also offered as an excusrion, but we did it ourselves and had a great time-carlos the ship's costa rican expert was a great help in planning things that we did on our own-he is super!

any other questions, let me know

overall, we loved this trip!

thanks

nancy

• 4 weeks later...

I was about to start writing a detailed reply to your query, then realized a better choice is to direct you to the photos of my January 2007 Wind Star voyage. Go to

http://fredasphotos1.shutterfly.com/action

and click on the album entitled "Costa Rica/Wind Star", where you'll find photos with explanatory information, including my pre-cruise hotel and limo service to the ship -- booked on my own at considerable savings, both marvelous experiences.

I loved that trip so much that I've booked another for January 2008, on Wind Spirit R/T St. Thomas. I've been on a number of cruises (15+), and for me, this size ship with real sails is THE BEST!

• 3 weeks later...

We were aboard the Windstar in 2005 to CR. Loved everything.

We hired a guide for b4 and after cruise to take us up to the

Volcano area.

called http://www.coachcostarica.com

They were great picked us up at airport, took us to our hotel in San Jose

Grano De Oro check it out - great food. Then for a day of site seeing

up to Poas, La paz etc. Took us to the ship and was waiting for us upon our

return.

The only thing I recommend "NOT" doing is an excursion to Nicaraqua

stay on the boat. It is very depressing.

We did excursions through the ship each time and they were all great.

Don't miss Manuel Antonio.

This year we flew back to CR and stayed at 2 hotels one in the Mtns and one at the beach.

We are trying to plan our next Windstar trip now!

Adios

Archived