Shuttle or Cab from Long Beach Airport to San Pedro?

I'm sure someone will answer your question, but I did want to advise you to let the driver or shuttle company to know that you need to go to the World Cruise Center in San Pedro (all except Carnival) and not the port of Long Beach (Carnival). They're not that far apart but could mean additional travel time or cost if the driver takes you to the wrong one first.

We flew into Long Beach for a cruise out of San Pedro. There were 6 of us. We took the shuttle to the hotel in San Pedro--cost was $50 for the shuttle for all of us. (I think that you could probably get a couple more people in the shuttle.)

Since there were only 2 of us going back to Long Beach Airport from the ship, we just took a cab and it cost $40 for the trip.

This was this month.

Hope that this helps a bit.

Marilyn

It is VERY easy to get a quote from Super Shuttle on-line. I used the zip code 90731 'LA Harbor World Cruise Cntr'. For that many you'd need 2 shuttles at $82 per shuttle (9 passenger max). This works out to $10.25/pp each way.

You may even do better, checking I got:

The service you selected can only accomodate 9 guests. If you require more than one van, please call our reservations center at 1-800 BLUE VAN (258-3826) for accurate pricing information.

Good luck -

What would be the best option for a group of 16 people to get from the airport in Long Beach to the ship in San Pedro?

I think 16 people in one cab, plus luggage would be a tight fit. :D

Okay, given you have lots of luggage, I think you are going to need six cabs (because of the luggage, not because of the people). Also, you would need three shuttles (most only hold seven people).

I was faced with a smaller version of this recently. We needed to get six people, plus their luggage from the Miami airport to the hotel. I figured that with the luggage we would need three cabs ($75 plus tip). So I found a limo company that could handle all six of us plus the luggage. It cost twice as much (about $142 including the tip) but it was fun (all of us in one vehicle) and a great surprise (I was the only one who knew we had a limo picking us up). I simply offer this as an option.

Here is an overview of what you are looking at ...

LBairport.jpg

LB-SP.jpg

Archived