Is there a 2 night minimum stay in Venice?

The three hotels I contacted, in Venice, all told me they have a two night minimum stay. Is this the norm for Venice? We are a group of 5 couples looking for a post cruise stay. Has anyone just booked 1 night. Any recommendations as to where I should inquire next?

We stayed one night pre-cruse at the Palazzo Guardi http://www.palazzoguardivenice.com/en/rooms.htm

We really enjoyed our stay there and it was very conveniently located, only a 10 minute walk across the Accademia Bridge from St. Mark's Square.

Then post-cruise we stayed near the airport one night at Hotel Mary http://www.venicehotelmary.com/en/ which we found very clean and nice with a great breakfast and conveniently located near a bus stop so it was easy to get to Venice proper for more sight-seeing and also easy access to the airport the next morning.

I had the same problem when trying to book a Saturday night for Sept./05. The Sofitel (just off of Piazzale Roma) took a one night reservation and we really enjoyed the hotel - the location was ideal for convenience of getting to it from the cruise dock, and getting to the airport. A 20-25 minute (enjoyable) walk to St. Mark's Square, but the canal is right there so a vaporetta is another option. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again, but if you prefer to be closer to St. Mark's Square, then you might want to look at other hotels.

It's not just Venice. A lot of places won't take a one night booking on the weekend. Last year for New York City, the hotels required 2 nights on the weekend. New Orleans too. So I think it's most of the big cities.

I'm arriving in Venice on a Wednesday, but decided to stay 2 nights post-cruise anyway, so haven't had that problem. The price, twin beds, elevator and smoking are my four big criteria.

I decided on Mestre (Golden Tulip Tritone @ $143) seems to meet all my criteria.

Just keep looking. Tripadvisor.com and Venere.com are two websites I'm using a lot for Rome and Venice.

Good Luck and have a great cruise!

Another one you might try checking with is Hilton Molino Stuckey....it just opened in June and is on Giudecca Island. It has mixed reviews since it is so new but has 376 rooms as opposed to most of the small Venice hotels.

I got extremely lucky booking the Locanda Orseolo for one night in late August...probably due to a cancellation....since it is rated #1 B&B on Trip Advisor.

You may be looking at an extremely high season booking date because some sites I looked at I could get a room for one night on the date I needed, but other dates showed two night minimum.

Good Luck!:D

Another one you might try checking with is Hilton Molino Stuckey....it just opened in June and is on Giudecca Island. It has mixed reviews since it is so new but has 376 rooms as opposed to most of the small Venice hotels. Definitely not cheap!

I got extremely lucky booking the Locanda Orseolo for one night in late August...probably due to a cancellation....since it is rated #1 B&B on Trip Advisor.

You may be looking at an extremely high season booking date because some sites I looked at I could get a room for one night on the date I needed, but other dates showed two night minimum.

Good Luck!:D

Archived