CPS, Southampton

tom_uk

Has anyone used CPS for car-parking at Southampton during a cruise?

I seem to have thrown them a bit of a googly. I'm on the 4-night Braemar cruise from Newcastle to Southampton in September (BM185) and have made a booking with CPS to leave my car at Southampton the day before. I'll then go back home (Yorkshire) and then go to Newcastle on the train the day after. The plan is to have the car at waiting for us Southampton when we disembark.

When I got the confirmation letter from CPS it talked about taking my car to the specified embarkation point, handing to over to CPS & then joining the ship. But in this instance I won't be depositing my car with CPS during an embarkation procedure - embarkation will be 250 miles away & 24 hours later! So I need to know where to take my car, in order to hand it over to CPS.

When I called them to discuss this, the person I spoke to seemed quite thrown by the question, and we left it that I would call again them nearer the actual date. But I thought I'd ask the question here as well. So, does anyone know where CPS actually are, or at least where their car-parks are? Has anyone else done something similar?

The CPS are in the terminal building on embarkation day, you hand the car keys to them, they give you a receipt and off you go. But whether they are there the day before or every day I don't know. The car park is just across from the terminal.

Would they need to send someone down the the docks to accept your car, or could you drop it off at another location? You need to ring them again.

David.

Archived