Has anyone dealt with CPS, Southampton?

Has anyone used CPS for car-parking at Southampton during a cruise?

I seem to have thrown them a bit of a googly. I'm on the 4-night Braemar cruise from Newcastle to Southampton in September (BM185) and have made a booking with CPS to leave my car at Southampton the day before. I'll then go back home (Yorkshire) and then go to Newcastle by train the day after. The plan is to have the car waiting for us at Southampton when we disembark.

When I got the confirmation letter from CPS it talked about taking my car to the specified embarkation point, handing to over to CPS & then joining the ship. But in this instance I won't be depositing my car with CPS during an embarkation procedure - embarkation will be 250 miles away & 24 hours later! So I need to know where to take my car, in order to hand it over to CPS.

When I called them to discuss this, the person I spoke to seemed quite thrown by the question, and we left it that I would call again them nearer the actual date. But I thought I'd ask the question here as well. So, does anyone know where CPS actually are, or at least where their car-parks are? Has anyone else done something similar?

Have used them several times but always for the standard length of parking per cruise with no deviations of date etc. They are actually at the docks where you will embark/disembark (exact docks depend on your joining instructions per cruise - we have always been at Dock Gate 10 for P & O or this time it will be dock gate 4 for Cunard) You will need to ring them again and explain clearly what you require. To be fair, they have always appeared to be very organised and helpful.

Tom,did you find out the cost of hiring a car at Southampton versus your trip down and back to Yorkshire and Newcastle.What possessed you to do such a thing?

Actually, I hadn't thought about that, but I'm not sure how much a one-way hire would cost. And in any case I can have a day out on the day before - leave home early, drive to Southampton (about 4 hours), drop the car, then have some hours either in Southampton, or go up to London before the train home and have some time there. So it works out OK, although not perhaps the cheapest option.

Actually, I hadn't thought about that, but I'm not sure how much a one-way hire would cost. And in any case I can have a day out on the day before - leave home early, drive to Southampton (about 4 hours), drop the car, then have some hours either in Southampton, or go up to London before the train home and have some time there. So it works out OK, although not perhaps the cheapest option.

Hi Tom,

I think you will find that CPS are not geared up to doing what you want to do. Their system works very well when you, sail from and return to Southampton. As far as I know they will not have any staff available at any of the three Southampton berths unless there is a ship arriving or departing.

I doubt if they would have any staff meeting your ship as there would be no one using their service.

I would look at it again and take the car hire option.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Hi Tom,

I think you will find that CPS are not geared up to doing what you want to do. Their system works very well when you, sail from and return to Southampton. As far as I know they will not have any staff available at any of the three Southampton berths unless there is a ship arriving or departing.

I doubt if they would have any staff meeting your ship as there would be no one using their service.

I would look at it again and take the car hire option.

I shall have to call them on Monday.

However, the position is that I have in fact made a booking with them, to do the sort of thing I'm talking about, so they've taken my money! I even gave them the cruise reference number, so they should have worked out that I was outside their square.

I spoke to CPS today, and in fact it'll be perfectly easy doing what I want to do. All I have to do is phone them a couple of days before the date my booking starts, and tell them what time I'll be arriving. They'll tell me what dock gate to go to, and someone from CPS will meet me there and open the car park. (Apparently, cars are left at the dock car parks, they aren't driven away as I had perhaps thought.) Then I just leave the car there and take myself off.

Archived