Port of Los Angeles

misika

We have been discussing this on our Roll Call for 8/1 Regal, but I thought I would post it here because more people would see it...

Have any of you folks heard anything about the pending strike involving the Clerical Union and being supported by the ILWA union?

Those of us on the August 1 sailing of the Regal from LA have made calls to Princess and have been watching the news, but it is very difficult to tell if it will affect us.

Princess told me that they hire non-union workers and that the workers are different from the shipping/cargo workers, so that we had nothing to worry about and it wont affect us. Needless to say, I think most of us are worried anyway!

So, if any of you have any information, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

We have been discussing this on our Roll Call for 8/1 Regal, but I thought I would post it here because more people would see it...

Have any of you folks heard anything about the pending strike involving the Clerical Union and being supported by the ILWA union?

Those of us on the August 1 sailing of the Regal from LA have made calls to Princess and have been watching the news, but it is very difficult to tell if it will affect us.

Princess told me that they hire non-union workers and that the workers are different from the shipping/cargo workers, so that we had nothing to worry about and it wont affect us. Needless to say, I think most of us are worried anyway!

So, if any of you have any information, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

See this thread for more info, discussed several weeks ago.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=591509

Archived