Tell Me About The Current Miracle Shows: The Good, The Bleh And The Lovely

Leo Jay

Looking for feedback on Miracle shows to help us plan our itinerary once we get on board, particularly the big production shows. Which ones have the best music? The most interesting concepts? The leggiest legs? :D

And which ones did you think weren't so great?

I could easily spend all of every night with our old friends Music Boardwalk, but there are probably some shows we wouldn't want to miss.

I was just on the Miracle a couple of weeks ago. My favorite show by far was Ticket to Ride (which Music Boardwalk also performs in). Definitely not to be missed IMO. I also really enjoyed the hypnotist. My dh and I went to both of his shows and I laughed so hard I thought, well you know....

My dh also really liked Generations. I thought it was good also, but after years of going to my dd's dance shows, it was kind of reminiscent of that. Great costumes and music. I did not go to the Legends show so I can't comment on that one. The guest talent show was fun...there were some pretty talented people, both adults and kids, in the show. I'm not a fan of Sinatra so I watched a little of that tribute, but did not stay.

Also, a word of warning from my personal experience (although others might not agree). If you want to have a drink in the Phantom, I suggest you get it ahead of time and take it in with you. A couple of times there were only one or two waiters getting drink orders for the whole place. This meant when the lights went down they were scrambling to get orders and serve them. Also, twice I got drinks there that were so weak I think they forgot the alcohol. I never had that problem with any of the other bars, so I think the bar and servers might just have been overloaded.

We went to all except the Sinatra dedication one. The female lead singer, Amanda, is quite good. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same about the male lead singer (even forgot his name). We liked Generations probably the best. Ticket to ride has some cool effects but we thought the songs were slaughtered. Our cruise didn't include the hypnotist unfortunately as I wanted to see that show. The two jugglers were good and pretty funny. The comedian was okay but not great. The talent show will of course vary but ours was very good. Legends was superpacked in the lounge but I didn't like it as much as the talent show.

Two final notes about the lounge:

1. It is super cold - definitely the coldest area on the ship so TAKE a SWEATER!

2. It is all the way forward and on a lower deck so you can definitely feel the ship's movement. If you are sensitive, you might want to take something beforehand.

Hey, thanks for all the great information so far!

Sounds like we will probably want to at least check out most of what you two have mentioned, though the Legends show has never really appealed to me (Elvis impersonator? What an original concept! :) ) I actually thought they actually only did that show on the LEGEND.

GF and I almost auditioned for the passenger talent show last year on Legend (she plays jazz piano and I sing), but in the end, it seemed like too much hassle for a vacation, and didn't even bother going to see it. We'll play that one by ear...

Anything based on Beatles music has got to be at least decent (especially if Music Boardwalk is rockin' in it), but can anyone tell me a little bit more about Generations?

Thanks.

Ticket to Ride was excellent....as was the Tribute to Frank and Sammy. My husband didn't like that one because he's not a Frank and Sammy fan, but I am and thought it was great. Also the juggling comedy act of the Village Idiots was quite entertaining. :p

Ticket to Ride was excellent....as was the Tribute to Frank and Sammy. My husband didn't like that one because he's not a Frank and Sammy fan, but I am and thought it was great. Also the juggling comedy act of the Village Idiots was quite entertaining. :p

I'm pretty sure the Frank and Sammy tribute was on our Legends cruise last year, but we missed it -- it will be good to get another shot at it. Is the guy a Frank Sinatra "imitator" (I tend to hate those), or does he just do Sinatra's material?

I'm pretty sure the Frank and Sammy tribute was on our Legends cruise last year, but we missed it -- it will be good to get another shot at it. Is the guy a Frank Sinatra "imitator" (I tend to hate those), or does he just do Sinatra's material?

He just does the songs.

Here is a pic so you can see. This is when he was singing The Candy Man.

2674599870046899484S600x600Q85.jpg

I have to agree about the Phantom being cold. I got in the habit of bringing my beach towel or blanket to wrap up in. Otherwise I froze and could not enjoy the shows.

The showgirls and showboys costumes keep me warm

Guest Mary49
Looking for feedback on Miracle shows to help us plan our itinerary once we get on board, particularly the big production shows. Which ones have the best music? The most interesting concepts? The leggiest legs? :D

And which ones did you think weren't so great?

I could easily spend all of every night with our old friends Music Boardwalk, but there are probably some shows we wouldn't want to miss.

I also thought that the Frank Sinatra and Sammy Davis show was well done.

How many times have you seen Music Boardwalk? I first saw them on the Triumph in 2005 and then this past April. I'm going again in August 2007. I guess I'm addicted. LOL I wish they had a web site. Mary49

Archived