Upgrades When Booking A Specific Stateroom?

Rowan555

I'm new to NCL, so I'm not familiar with how they do things in term of assigning cabins. On Carnival, if you book a specific stateroom you are 99.9% likely to be put in that particular room. I am reading, however, that NCL is more likely to bump you to another stateroom - is this the case? It's no big deal, really, we don't have a great room or location - I'm just worried about ending up under a noisy public area if we were to be moved. So if we booked a specific stateroom, should I assume we'll probably end up there, or should I expect to possibly be placed elsewhere?

Thanks - we're really looking forward to our first cruise on NCL!

From what I have read here, you book the cabin you want and if you get up graded you will be surprised My GF and I are going on out 2nd NCL cruise in a week We did not get upgraded but both times got the call for an upsell we took both first time on the Dawn next week in the Spirit to a AA suite for $1400 total after receiving a free 2 level upgrade to a BC (?) We feel that it was well worth it due to the bennies and this being my KMA cruise:)

From what I've been reading, I'd say that you are very likely to remain in the same cabin if you booked a particular one (as opposed to a Gty). If they really need it, though, you will only be changed up (and I have seen stories of that) either by offering an upsell or through an upgrade.

(I hope that makes sense.)

I will be taking my 17th and 18th cruise on NCL and I have never been bumped from my booked cabin choice.

I have been offered an upsell 3x but that is a choice and you have to pay for the move.

As far as upgrades go, My TA has always asked me before moving me. :)

I think it is possible that some of the stories you hear about people being moved involve guarantee cabins. Once a cabin is assigned, it is not final and can change at any time.

For those who book a specific cabin, I think it would be rare that they are moved without giving consent. These rare cases could be mistakes on someone's part.

I would not worry about it!

Archived