public transportation

bb fan

Hi everyone: has anyone taken the public buses in aruba. What can you tell me about them? Prices, where to get them, and where do they go. any help will be appreciated.

Carl and Mary

Hi! My husband and I (we are in our mid 30's and early 40's) took the public buses in Aruba last January. You basically exit the ship, walk straight out past the shopping area, cross the street, and the bus terminal is right there. Before you get out into the shopping area, there was a welcome booth set up - we were able to get a hand drawn map of Aruba's beaches and the people working the booth were helpful in telling us what bus to take.

We basically hopped on a bus, and took it to a beach -- I think the price was $2.00 or something. Now I will say, it didn't appear to us that the stops were well marked, and we weren't really clear on the time frame the busses ran. So, while on this little beach (we were 2 of only 6 people on this little stretch of beach) we felt like we kind of had to keep an eye out for the return bus ... the bus driver was not very helpful in telling us how often the return bus came back. We actually flagged the bus down when we were ready to leave, and it stopped, so that was good! Now, this could have been our fault - we never really looked at the schedule, and again the bus driver just kind of mumbled at us. Also, where we live in the States, public transportation is not used very often, so neither of us has any big experience on taking a bus - sounds dumb, I know, but it's true! I noticed the person who responded before me left a link for the schedule. I would look at that before you board.

We never felt unsafe, and the bus was clean...wouldn't hesitate to do it again. Good luck, and have fun! :cool:

• 1 month later...
You basically exit the ship, walk straight out past the shopping area, cross the street, and the bus terminal is right there.
Excellent description.

Before you get out into the shopping area, there was a welcome booth set up - we were able to get a hand drawn map of Aruba's beaches and the people working the booth were helpful in telling us what bus to take.

It does not get any easier than that.

Archived