New England Cruise.

Folgy

You can't go wrong with any itinerary. Any cruise that includes Newport, Portland, Bar Harbor, or Halifax is great. We've hit all these places and love them all.

Hope you go and have a great time no matter what places you stop at.

Ed

Thankyou ,Cunarder

A bit of turn of events. The wonderful 2 couples that we met on the Serenade to Alaska recently are from Manchester England . They have already got their T/A to contact me today and it looks more like the British Isles in July 2005 for us.

I haved lived in New England my whole life!!!

Have often been tempted to move due to the cost of living in NE, but alas just cant leave the four seasons.....

Would highly recommend Newport from early spring - September. We love the shore line here.....Recently heard there are new cruises that stop in Mystic, CT....Ahhh what a great idea, there is old Mystic, the shipyards, sea Aquirums, ect.... We live only an hour and 1/2 away from Mystic(New London), and cant enjoy all the attractions in less than 2 days....

My vote is in....Do New England. You wont be disappointed.

Folgy:

We did the British Isles and it was one of the most wonderful trips we have done. The people are so friendly. All of the places are so beautiful and interesting. We did it on the Royal Princess and would love to do it again. There is so much to see that one trip could never be enough. Don't hesitate, you will enjoy this cruise.

Karon

Folgy:

We did the British Isles and it was one of the most wonderful trips we have done. The people are so friendly. All of the places are so beautiful and interesting. We did it on the Royal Princess and would love to do it again. There is so much to see that one trip could never be enough. Don't hesitate, you will enjoy this cruise.

Karon

Thankyou ,

I am trying to book it now. I am having a bit of a time trying to find the itinerary I want.

I will check it out . Could you tell me your sail date?

Folgy,

I would love to do a British Isles cruise! What line are you planning to go on?

off topic a bit.....my husband loved the heli-skiing with Mike Weigle's operation in Blue River, he is going again in Feb. So, he will be overnighting it one night in Kamloops! Also, ask your friends from Manchester if they know of a prominent artist over there named Harold Riley. He is a pretty famous artist in the UK and is from Manchester. I met him on the QE2 several years ago and he actually did a sketch of me out on deck reading! Pretty cool, eh?

I am dying to do British Isles or Ireland.

It just seems that there isn't enough time in any of the locations to really see evrything. What have you found?

The T/A that my friends from Manchester have set me up with is working today. He is e-mailing me lots and lots (my head is spinning) I am leaning towards the GS suite 1554 on the Jewel of the Seas. For either the British Isles or The same ship for The Canada New England cruise out of Boston.

We did Canada/NE out of Boston on the Grandeur last Oct. The last cruise out of the NE for the season. It was the best cruise we have ever taken ( we've been on 7), we would do it again in a flash. It was a 10 day and we did get an OS.. it was my 50th, so we splurged. Now we are spoiled and only want to go in OS so we won;t cruise more than once per year, probably.

We went to Boston for 2 days prior to sailing and had a great time. The cruise was great, not too crowded and our M&M friends were all too nice. I made a friend at our M&M that I think I'll have for life. We have already gotten together 4 times since then. The cruise was great, and we did a lot more excursions than we usually do. And glad we did. We wouldn't have seen as much doing it on our own. It was very cold. I love cold weather, but it was colder than I expected. Hat, Gloves, scarves... mostly in the 30's and 40's.

Didn't have to worry about chair hogs!! No one was ever on deck except a few of us,,, I was always out there with a few others ( mostly men) having coffee early in AM

I am going to look into the British Isles cruise for next year.

I am still working on it . My T/A cannot get me the suite I want on the Jewel for the Oct 18th sailing .I am trying to get all my buttons in a row. Thankyou for the info. I just know a chilley willy like myself would much perfer a cooler cruise like that one.

We are sailing on the October 18th cruise on the Jewel. Hope you can join us. This will be our second New England cruise. It is a wonderful cruise. I love the cool weather cruises. We are going in early to spend some time in Boston.

Karon

Archived