For all the debate about bottled vs. ship's water...

Timmys_mom

Check out this from MSNBC.com:

Aquafina labels to tell water’s source — the tap

Pepsi agrees to change as industry comes under increased criticism

sourceReuters.gif

NEW YORK - PepsiCo Inc. will spell out that its Aquafina bottled water is made with tap water, a concession to the growing environmental and political opposition to the bottled water industry.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19985269/

Most bottled water is from a tap. At the grocery stores where you can purchase water and fill your own containers? The water line is the grocery store's water line. Although it is supposed to be "filtered". There have been many stories about this and Aquafina is just one in a long line of "designer" water that people think is so much better than bottled. People have to jump on the "cool" train and think they look great sporting a bottle of water. I just snicker and think you could probably sell them just about anything if you label it properely. We consumers are suckers. I don't need all the replies from people with "allergies" and all the other aliments they swear the bottled water is helping, I'm just stating a fact. Research people, research!

Yup, many of the popular bottled waters are just plain ole municipal water... Aquafina is the one that has taken the heat lately, but others have been in the news during this "investigation"... All this time we've tried to tell people that the water on the ship really is better than most bottled waters, but they don't believe it... some day they will get it :p LOL

Isn't the fresh water on board produced by desalinators?

If that's the case, I would imagine that it's rather pure.

Not all of it. Cruise ships also take on potable water at home ports. So ship water can be tap water also.

All this time we've tried to tell people that the water on the ship really is better than most bottled waters, but they don't believe it... some day they will get it :p LOL

Except on the Fascination...I thought the water was terrible.....and I've never had a problem with drinking ship's water before.....

My son worked for a "spring water" bottling plant a few years ago. They had various "grades" of spring water, priced accordingly, and it all was the same water....just packed in more or less expensive labeling.

My son worked for a "spring water" bottling plant a few years ago. They had various "grades" of spring water, priced accordingly, and it all was the same water....just packed in more or less expensive labeling.

LOL! Now that is capitalism at its finest!!

Well I for one do not drink the tap water here at home. It's awful! I drink bottled water for this reason. And my choice? Aquafina. Go figure! Wherever they're filling those bottles, it's not from MY tap!

On a ship, I always take a few bottles with me to be used in port on excursions.

Check out this from MSNBC.com:

Aquafina labels to tell water’s source — the tap

Pepsi agrees to change as industry comes under increased criticism

sourceReuters.gif

NEW YORK - PepsiCo Inc. will spell out that its Aquafina bottled water is made with tap water, a concession to the growing environmental and political opposition to the bottled water industry.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19985269/

Try Dannon, now called "Spring". From a spring in Penn, I believe. :D

Well I for one do not drink the tap water here at home. It's awful! I drink bottled water for this reason. And my choice? Aquafina. Go figure! Wherever they're filling those bottles, it's not from MY tap!

On a ship, I always take a few bottles with me to be used in port on excursions.

Funny thing, my bottled water of choice is Aquafina, too! But our water is so awful, I can't drink it either. The water in our city is so hard it doesn't have to be frozen to walk on it. My first home did not have a water softener when we bought it and everything from our socks to our hair started turning orange from the iron content.

If I am buying NYC tap water, I don't care. It is better than what comes out of my faucet.

Well I for one do not drink the tap water here at home. It's awful! I drink bottled water for this reason.

I agree. It's all comes down to taste. If it don't taste good I won't drink it.

It has nothing to do with how good it is for you.. Many bottled waters taste different. Many tap waters taste different. I don't like the taste of the water on the ships I have been on so far.....

When we go on vacation I always take a 6 pack of Poland Spring water, it is one of the best in the world. At home I drink the tap water because our city has the best tap water in the state for the last 3 years (keep up the good work Ron). I have never had a problem with the water on any cruise.

I remember as a kid one of life's big treats for me was drinking water coming from an irrigation well. (The only time we had soda was a bottle on vacation) Super cold and tasted great. Can't do that now because of all the nitrates. Our city water tastes like chlorine. I buy bottled water to drink at my office but I'm not under any great illusions about where it comes from.

I always bring bottled water. But I buy the water that says SPRING water (not ozonated or purified or anything else.) It comes from a natural spring. I'm so used to it all other tastes bad. Although, I did just come back from New York and the tap water there was so cold and GOOD it reminded me of when I was a kid. ( and there was no such thing as bottled water)

Living in Florida the water from the tap is always warm (sometimes hot) and I rarely drink it. I must have my Zephyrhills Spring Water!!!

I "prefer" Fiji... but I drink others (the Fiji can get quite expensive!!!!) BUT, over the years I have realized that most of the companies fool you into thinking you are buying something you aren't... and I can live with that...

Archived