Limos In San Francisco

peribit

We will be on the Voyager for the Panama Canal cruise from Ft.Lauderdale to San Francisco in December '07. Can anyone recommend a limousine company that can pick us up at the pier in San Francisco??

Thanks.:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I understand the convenience of a private car, but am wondering how far it is from port to SFO with regard to time, taxi fare, or ease of public transportation?

I'm all about saving money when I can!

Cheers!

AshD

The Regent Cruises seem to frequent Port 35 which is close to the famous(ly tacky) Pier 39.

Public Transit from here is easy, but slow and sometimes very crowded. If you wanted Public Transit you'd take the F-Line Muni classic streetcars from the Pier to the Embarcadero ($1.50 per person). At the Embarcadero you'd switch to underground to catch BART ($5.50 per person). BART will get you to the Airport station where you switch to a short ride on the AirTrain, which is a free connection.

But I'm guessing that after a luxury cruise, the last thing you'd want to do is schlep your luggage on mass transit. But if you can maneuver with luggage easily, public transit is an option.

I checked online and the Marriott at Fisherman's Wharf, which is a little further out, estimates that taxi fare to the airport is about $45.

By car it's about a 35-45 minute ride, depending on traffic.

Hi,

I understand the convenience of a private car, but am wondering how far it is from port to SFO with regard to time, taxi fare, or ease of public transportation?

I'm all about saving money when I can!

Cheers!

AshD

A hired car is completely unnecessary.

A taxi will run you $45 including tip.

Try http://www.greencabsf.com/ - the Prius' are amazingly roomy!

:)

Archived