Ft Lauderdale 10/7

tne458011

Looking for a mid priced hotel to stay overnight at after coming back from cruise. Need transportation from cruiseship and then to the airport the next day. Any ideas? Looking for some place with stuff to do nearby.

Thanks

Looking for a mid priced hotel to stay overnight at after coming back from cruise. Need transportation from cruiseship and then to the airport the next day. Any ideas? Looking for some place with stuff to do nearby.

Thanks

Look at Amerisuites

I'm not sure what you consider mid-price, but we just returned from a post cruise stay at the Hyatt Pier 66 that I got thru Hotwire for $89. The pool & grounds are beautiful and the water taxi stops there. I don't believe they have transportation to the airport or the port, but I'm not sure. Good Luck, hopefully that's not the week of the boat show.

Look at Amerisuites

Actually, Amerisuites is changing hands this fall and becoming one of the Hyatt Place hotels. The prices are out of this world after the change over for a hotel such as this. We used to be able to book it for anywhere from $69-$129 per night, after the change, it is in the high $200 to $300 range, depending on the time of year.

Thanks

We have stayed at this hotel many times always booking through Princess:eek: , very expensive as they charge per person...not per room. Through these message boards I have learned how to get the same hotel/room for MUCH less using Hotwire.com Go for the 4 star hotel in Las Olas & wait for the right price, usually around $115 + tax & you will be booked in the Renaissance Hotel on 17th street. Many restaurants & stores, etc. You can buy transfers to the ship right in the lobby for $12 & go to the ship when you want to go, not when Princess tells you to go:) The only down side to bookin with Hotwire is that you are charged right away on your credit card, so be sure & print a copy in case of unforseen problems.

Jan

I booked Amerisuites for Sept 1 for $79 thur valuetrips.com They have airport and ship shuttles plus offer a buffet breakfast.

Check valuetrips for the months following your stay, you will see what happened to those great prices. POOF, all gone! :(

Actually, Amerisuites is changing hands this fall and becoming one of the Hyatt Place hotels. The prices are out of this world after the change over for a hotel such as this. We used to be able to book it for anywhere from $69-$129 per night, after the change, it is in the high $200 to $300 range, depending on the time of year.

Hi Toto.....

If in fact Hyatt is taking over Amerisuites and using it as a Hyatt brand, they're going to have to do a major overhauling. Amerisuites is fine as is, but as a Hyatt?????...........uh uh. :)

Hi Toto.....

If in fact Hyatt is taking over Amerisuites and using it as a Hyatt brand, they're going to have to do a major overhauling. Amerisuites is fine as is, but as a Hyatt?????...........uh uh. :)

Pia, I know exactly what you are saying here. I couldn't believe it when I received the email from them. Then when I checked the pricing on valuetrips, I believed what they said. I know they have been upgrading the rooms the last couple of years, but it is still no where near the quality it should be to become one of the Hyatt hotels.

If you google Hyatt Place, you will see where it tells you the date it will turn over from Amerisuites to Hyatt Place.

Archived