Alaska Travel Agencys

wdw_dave

Hi,

With the advice on this board I am trying to put together a trip for my family in 08. We have 2 boys who will be 6 and 8. I did not want to take a cruisetour but thought it would be a good compromise to work with an Alaskan Travel Agency to put this all together independently. I found Alaska Travel and Tours on the web who had some good info. Does anyone have any experience with them or know of a good local agency?

Thanks

Dave O.

Hi,

With the advice on this board I am trying to put together a trip for my family in 08. We have 2 boys who will be 6 and 8. I did not want to take a cruisetour but thought it would be a good compromise to work with an Alaskan Travel Agency to put this all together independently. I found Alaska Travel and Tours on the web who had some good info. Does anyone have any experience with them or know of a good local agency?

Thanks

Dave O.

I used this company this year and it was wonderful.. We picked a 5-day tour round trip from Anchorage to Talkeetna and Denali area, stayed at McKinley Princess (my favorite hotel) and Denali River Cabins.. the great thing about this company is you can customize any of their "tours" by changing hotel, type of car, and the tours that are "included" or you can cut the tours and spend more time on your own.. They were prompt in returning calls /emails and I would def. use them again.. IF you have make changes, cancel etc. for any reason (hopefully not cancel) you don't have to call a bunch of places and get that done individually. Highly recommend esp since we stayed where I'd have stayed anyway and did the activities we did anyway. it was sooo convenient:)

I used this company this year and it was wonderful.. We picked a 5-day tour round trip from Anchorage to Talkeetna and Denali area, stayed at McKinley Princess (my favorite hotel) and Denali River Cabins.. the great thing about this company is you can customize any of their "tours" by changing hotel, type of car, and the tours that are "included" or you can cut the tours and spend more time on your own.. They were prompt in returning calls /emails and I would def. use them again.. IF you have make changes, cancel etc. for any reason (hopefully not cancel) you don't have to call a bunch of places and get that done individually. Highly recommend esp since we stayed where I'd have stayed anyway and did the activities we did anyway. it was sooo convenient:)

Host_Caroline, do you have their website?

We used Alaska Tour and Travel in 2006 and had a great experience. We are already planning to return in 2008 and will use them again. Ther website is www.alaskatravel.com. In 2006 we picked a "standard" tour using the Alaska Railroad as primary transportation. Everything went smoothly and we couldn't have asked for a better trip. In 2008 we are planning to do some different things with a rental car as primary transportation. My DB has already contacted them for some information and they expressed that they will be able to assist in with our "custom" tour.

Archived