Constellation Electrical System etc

We are off on the Constellation on 4 Aug and have Celebrity's cruise info. It does not mention the Constellation!

I am sure there is info elsewhere but can't find it. I also remember seeing something about stuff that was not allowed such as transformers.

As lots of portable gizmos such as laptops, PDAs, camcorders etc all use transformers what do they mean? Do they mean a 'big' voltage change transformer 110v-240v for instance?

Is Constellation dual-voltage 110v and 220/240v? How many plugs of each are there in a cabin?

Do they provide hair dryers and what else, such as kettles, do they provide (or not)?

Thanks

We are off on the Constellation on 4 Aug and have Celebrity's cruise info. It does not mention the Constellation!

I am sure there is info elsewhere but can't find it. I also remember seeing something about stuff that was not allowed such as transformers.

As lots of portable gizmos such as laptops, PDAs, camcorders etc all use transformers what do they mean? Do they mean a 'big' voltage change transformer 110v-240v for instance?

Is Constellation dual-voltage 110v and 220/240v? How many plugs of each are there in a cabin?

Do they provide hair dryers and what else, such as kettles, do they provide (or not)?

Thanks

We were just on the Constellation in April and if I remember correctly there are dual voltage plugs. I don't remember there being any plugs in the bathroom; I bring my own hairdryer and plug it in by the desk/vanity where there are 2 sets of plugs. They provide one of those "on the wall" hairdryers, common in hotels, that don't work very well so I always bring my own travel dryer. I know a lot of people that bring their laptops and camcorders and have never had a problem just plugging them into the wall to recharge. Where are you from? I noticed you asked about a "kettle". There are no coffee/tea makers in the cabins, it's simpler to call room service. They'll have it delivered in about 5 minutes. You'll love the Connie!

Thanks

I have not been on Connie, but have sailed on her sisters Millie and Infinity - pretty sure the answers will be the same.

They do provide hair dryers.

They do NOT provide kettles - you will get varying opinions as to whether they are allowed [actually most of the discussions deal with whether drip coffee pots are allowed, but they would seem to me to be pretty much in the same category]

Yes, there are both 110 and 220 plugs [these have European round prong plugs, I think these are different from many UK plugs].

There are not many plugs [most people say one each 110 and 220 - I thought a little more, but may well be wrong; if you search enough I know I have seen pictures of the actual plug arrangements (posted to settle an on-going discussion on this question)]. Many people say they take a cord with 4-6 plug-ins.

MANY people, as you say, have a number of those little transformers. I have never had a problem, nor heard of anyone who had a problem. I think the rule must be aimed at a large general purpose transformer and not they small dedicated transformers.

I have seen here that many bring a "power strip" to plug in multiple appliances.

I have a hair dryer that I bring along that has a box type plug, and it barely fits the plug outlet, but it does work.

I have seen here that many bring a "power strip" to plug in multiple appliances.

I have a hair dryer that I bring along that has a box type plug, and it barely fits the plug outlet, but it does work.

Yes, I should have mentioned [if I had thought of it:rolleyes:] that both the 110 and 220v plugs are somewhat recessed, so it is possible to get fouled up with that. Another reason to bring a power strip.

Thom

Unless you are in a concierge class cabin or above, the hair dryer is the wall type located in the bathroom like in some hotels. It really doesn't seem to do the job on thick or long hair. The outlet in the bathroom is a lower voltage and marked for electric shavers only.

We do have serveral items that have those box type plugs and it does get to be a hassle to keep remembering to replug the camera charger after removing it so that I can use my hairdryer. We don't bring a power strip but do bring a power squid. It is great because we can plug in more than two items with the box type plugs at once - no more uncharged cameras.

psom-black_wh_bg.jpg.28e2c1804fcbb33d2b318e389f336607.jpg

We've travelled on ML several times and are from the UK....we always have to use an adaptor ( more than one! ) the only exception to this is our digital camera which is an american version..the charger for that plugs in on two flat prongs..so no adaptor required, but for the other equipment ...like your charger for your mobile phone we still need to bring an adaptor.No kettles in the cabins..tea and tea bags / coffee etc ( or just hot water) are easily available in the buffet section....

Archived