Mini-Suite on the Island Princess

mlymd

Hi, Marcy - which mini-suite is the "best" depends on what you want from your cabin - you may want very different things than another passenger. 29Waves is right if you're concerned about the ship's movement, stay in the middle as well as being as low as possible. Also, a cabin in the middle of the ship means you'll have less far to walk from your cabin to dinner, the spa, the theater, etc.

But think about your other needs and those of your travel companions. If you have difficulty walking, you may want to be near an elevator. If you're concerned about noise, you may want to be away from the elevators. If you're concerned about noise, you also may want to avoid a connecting cabin. If you want to be close to a particular spot on the ship (the gym, the buffet, the coffee bar) study the deck plan and chose accordingly. As an example, I like to work out in the gym every morning, so on every ship I try to get a cabin on the deck immediately below the gym and right by the stairs. Then I have no excuse not to go!:rolleyes:

Thanks for the advice. We wanted to book mid ship in a mini-suite but it looks like the balcony is much smaller than the cabins that are aft or forward. We are not concerned about the movement. My DH actually loves it. He feels like he is being rocked to sleep. I think the view from mid ship bump-out would be wonderful but I am still concerened about the size of the balcony as we both spend a lot of time there.
Marcy

Archived