Costa Maya type beaches?

frito58

We are going to be in Belize next spring. When we were in Costa Maya last fall we went into Majahual for the day and had the best time just spending the day at the beach bars with our friends. Do any of the cayes around Belize offer anything similar to this?

We are going to be in Belize next spring. When we were in Costa Maya last fall we went into Majahual for the day and had the best time just spending the day at the beach bars with our friends. Do any of the cayes around Belize offer anything similar to this?

Just returned from Belize on a condo investment trip... stayed on Cay Caulker for a few days and then to Ambergris Cay... as far as beaches go, you will find more on Ambergris than Cay Caulker.... Cay Caulker is a sleepy little fishing village similar to Majuhal, but poor beaches but GREAT FOOD and Bars ! Ambergris is much more active and touristy, but better beaches. We chose to purchase our condo on Ambergirs simply because of a slghtly faster pace than Cay Caulker......Good Beaches, Good dining and Good people in general !

We found our slice of heaven in Belize and look forward to our retirement home/investment for future years to come !

Travel Angel--Thats interesting cause when we went to Ambergris Caye,i thought it was too rustic......but I have a feeling we didnt see the whole area and missed stuff....

BTW----whats with the comment in your location??

Travel Angel--Thats interesting cause when we went to Ambergris Caye,i thought it was too rustic......but I have a feeling we didnt see the whole area and missed stuff....

BTW----whats with the comment in your location??

If you thought Ambergris was rustic.....take a visit to Cay Caulker ! 800 people reside on that island....they are so friendly, but so poor by american standards.....

The Location statement.... I am a TA and haveing a bit of disagreement with Cruise Critic Guidelines that were acceptable in the past on my profile, but now are not......

Gotcha.thanks...

I just dont know what to do in Belize...

Maybe i should just stay on the ship and enjoy the quiet pool area...

Nooooooo don;t do that.... been cave tubing ??? Very informative and really gives you a taste of the Belize countryside....

Cave tubing might be a possibility....but what about the bats??? Eeeeeeeewwwwwww:eek: :eek:

The Bats are nocturnal and we had no problem with them... they are not flying all around in the cave or dive bombing at ya !!!

This is a wonderful tour and one you should try.... many vendors out there but be careful who you book with. We used http://www.***** and were VERY happy !

Check out Coral Breeze. We did the snorkeling excursion. It was a my family will never forget. We had a fantastic time. They take you to Caye Caulker for lunch after snorkeling. Check out the Paradise Hotel and restaurant online. That is where we had lunch served to us that we ordered as a part of our tour. Our guides were wonderful. Snorkeling at the barrier reef and sting ray alley were amazing.

Archived