Transfer From San Diego To Ensenada Pier

beautifulbc2

I am sure I have read on the boards previously but I cannot seem to find info on which bus companies/shuttles offer a service from San diego to Ensenada pier for the Nov 12 departure for Mercury out of Ensenada.

Thanks for any info. The cruiseline transfer is $116.

Hello,

We are also taking the cruise from Ensenada and we are on the previous cruise and therefore Celebrity is taking care of the transfer. We are still not clear on where the shuttle, or bus, leaves from or at what time it leaves. One of the people at Celebrity told us that they take us to the Airport and pick up the people that are flying in and we all go together. I hope not because we may have a long wait since our ship docks in San Diego at 7AM.

Alice and Bob (Rufe)

Don't even think about trying to do this on your own! Take the Celebrity bus from the airport.

Getting through the border is not easy, and it is better to let someone take care of being sure you arrive on time. I doubt you would be able to get any other commercial service for much less than the Celebrity quote either. Remember that Ensenada is 90 miles south of the border.

Hello,

We are also taking the cruise from Ensenada and we are on the previous cruise and therefore Celebrity is taking care of the transfer. We are still not clear on where the shuttle, or bus, leaves from or at what time it leaves. One of the people at Celebrity told us that they take us to the Airport and pick up the people that are flying in and we all go together. I hope not because we may have a long wait since our ship docks in San Diego at 7AM.

Alice and Bob (Rufe)

Hello Alice and Bob,

We did use the transportation provided by the cruise line on our last cruise from Ensenada to Hawaii, that was back in Dec of 2003 but I do not believe that the procedure has changed much.

Back then it worked liked this:

We landed about 10 AM , we got our luggage and met the RCCL's (it was the RCI's ship the LOS that we were sailing on) rep in the luggage area. The luggage was collected in one area and they gave as "tickets" with some number on it. About 11am they started calling some of the 'numbers' of the tickets and told us to go to a waiting outside bus. There was a number of buses lined up. As soon as the bus got fully loaded (they put the luggage on the bus as well) we left for Ensenada..... it was about noon. They provided a box lunch for every one. The remaining buses just kept on loading and when full they followed our way.

Traffic was heavy and it took about 3 hours to get to Ensenada. They stopped at some hotel (in Ensenada) and that was where the 'check in' for the cruise ship took place. They provided some drinks there. After the check in was done , back on the bus and a short 10 /15 min ride to the port.

There was no terminal in the port ( just few stores), so after getting off the bus we got in a short line to board the ship.

So in your case they might take to airport probably on one of the buses that will be taken passengers to the airport for departure where ever they are going, and just transfer you over to the luggage area and put you on one of the first buses for Ensenada.

I am a little confused why you were not allowed to continue with the ship since you are on the previous cruise and the previous cruise on Mercury started in a different country (Canada) so it would not violate the PSA by taken you to Hawaii - no different than going from Ensenada.

I did look at the intinerary of the previous cruise.

I am missing something 'here' and yes, I am familiar with the PSA. I understand the new passangers / guests have to start the one way cruise to Hawaii from Ensenada, but in your case you already started the cruise in a foreign port and you were just continuing your trip to Hawaii, unless you were on the ship even before that cruise and started it someplace in the US.

Enjoy your cruise - we had some problems with the winds and got sea sick the first night / day. But rest of the cruise and Hawaii was beautiful and very enjoyable.

Wes

Archived