Boudicca

Hi all

Thinking of doing a trip on this ship next summer. Was just wanting thoughts from people who have sailed on her in the past.

Also dare I say this without getting shot down as it always on other boards seems to offened people for no apparent reason but we are planning on taking a 6 year old with us. Thoughts on the suitability she has been on the black prince this year and loved it even although there are no kids facilities at all. We know there wont be loads of other kids but that most defenitly wont be a problem (for me).

:o Also sorry as I am a bit thick and this might sound like a stupid question but the buffet dining option for dinner do u have to book a table or can you just turn up when hungry (during opening hours obviously).

Hi Sparkie ,Boudicca is a very stable ship and I,m sure your daughter will enjoy it and be welcome. The secret garden buffet ,you just turn up for ,it isn,t very big and you may have to wait for a table but if you wait nearby you will be able to see when a table comes empty.:)

If you enjoy going to the evening shows - Boudica is not for you, unless you can grab a seat within two rows of the dance floor on which all shows take place. We often saw several people leaving dinner early in order to get a "seat with a view" but, as we enjoy a liesurely meal with some good conversation, it was only near the end of the cruise that I realised that the dancers actually had legs - I had only seen them (from afar) from the waist up! That after struggling to find a couple of seats at the back of the room, which is not tiered for viewing. (I heard from one passenger that he had tipped a waiter at the begining of the cruise to reserve him a front seat every night!!).

The cruise-line is obviously aware of this fault, as they have installed TV screens around the room! :rolleyes:

Have a good cruise!

Archived