America's Cup Challenge - PV

ldog

This is a brand new excursion in both PV and Cabo. I don't know if you will find anyone that has done this yet in either port.

Here is a little information.

http://vallarta-adventures.com/americas-cup/index.html

I did it in St. Thomas. They are all about the same. They last around 3 - 4 hours. For those interested in participating they show you how to do things. You then race. When we came back in, everyone had a chance to steer the boat. I love it and would do it again.

Cabo has also added this. Two New Zealand boats race in Cabo.

http://www.cabosanlucastours.net/Americas-Cup-Sailing-Tour.htm

I say go for it !!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

We did this in St. Martin and it was a blast! I would highly recommend it, especially if it's the same group. I suspect it is but it should be easy to do some research and confirm it.

On our boat we all had assigned tasks, based on our level of skill/interest/strength (Starboard Winch Wench, here!) and worked hard as a team to win our race. I've spent a good bit of time on boats but not sailing so for me it was a new experience. However we had a few seasoned sailors and they loved it too. I think if you tell them when you get on the boat that you've done some racing they would be happy to utilize your skills. The guys who crew the boats are serious sailors (well, as serious as young sailors get, anyway) and love to talk about what they've done and the real races they've crewed.

Archived