Mazatlan -October Pride & Sapphire Cruisers

paljoeysmom

Hi Everyone,

FOR THE FOLKS ON THE CARNIVAL PRIDE SAIL DATE 10/3/04

AND THE SAPPHIRE PRINCESS SAIL DATE 10/2/04

We are scheduled to be in Mazatlan on Thursday, 10/7. Is there anyone out there that is interested in a private tour of Mazatlan? I found many excellent reviews on the various cruise boards regarding this gentleman named Frank. I contacted him regarding a city tour. For those who have been to Mazatlan before, this is basically the Colonial Villages tour. If I can get at least a couple more people to join us the price is $45 per person and he accepts American $. The ship charges $52 and they do NOT include lunch. The tour is 6 hours leaving us plenty of time for other activities. Frank has other tours and my husband & I are flexible so if you would be have interest in another tour he offers perhaps we can do this together as well.

Frank would pick us up at the ship in his air conditioned van.

The tour consists of:

1. Tour of brick making at one families ranch.

2. Drive to Concorida to see tiles being made

3. Stopping at a bakery for delicious pastries

4. Going to a furniture making factory

5. Stop for lunch at a resturant INCLUDED IN TOUR PRICE

6. Fabulous drive through the countryside of Mazatlan

7. Option of being dropped off at the Golden Zone for shopping or drop off at the ship.

I did this same tour (via ship shore excursion) without the lunch last year while I was on the Vision of the Seas. It was WONDERFUL, very interesting and informative. The drive through the countryside and down by the ocean is amazing. If there is another tour you like please let me know, I believe my husband would enjoy another excursion as well.

You can e-mail me privatetly with questions @ ksiggins@faroudja.com & I will send you Frank's website.

• 1 month later...

We just returned from the Panama Canal cruise on Carnival's Paradise. One of

the highlights of our trip was the Sierra Madre tour we took with Frank Thiel-

Amenta on Friday, September 17th. We reached him at fkole2000@hotmail.com. 14 of us who met on these message boards were met by Frank and his friend after we disembarked from the "trolleys" at the pier. The tour took us into the countryside in two air conditioned vans with complementary drinks on board. We went to all the Cruise shore excursion stops plus lots of extras such as to an authentic hacienda, and back to the Golden Zone to see a spectacular view of Mazatlan on top of Ice Box hill followed by the cliff divers. Our lunch was included in the $45 price at Daniel's restaurant in Copala. Our meal was excellent and included a drink (margarita, cerveza, soda, etc.) and a wonderful dessert. The Paradise charged $59 for this tour and of course ours was exceptional because we had two knowledgeable tour guides for the 14 of us, we could stop for photo opportunities, and add or change the tour to our personal tastes. This private tour is highly recommended!

Archived