braemar mini cruise 4 aug

BIGSHEL

First time cruising with FO. How dressy are the ladies on the formal night - full length outfit or just a nice dress or dressy trousers and top? Also, what should we wear for the country and western night - do we have to dress up? Anyone visited Kirkwall or Bergen - is it best to take the FO excursions or arrange something ourselves? (I'm taking my 80 year old mother on her first cruise)

Our first cruise was on Braemar. I can assure you the formal nights are formal. Most men were in Black Tie and the ladies looked very glamorous. Most in long evening dresses, floaty trousers with glittery top or the occasional cocktail dress. I don't think the ladies could be overdressed on Fred Olsen.

Can't help with excursions. We are going to Bergen but not until next year. I know it is possible to do your own thing but we ususally stick to the cruise line's own excursions, pricey sometimes but you don't have to worry about getting back to the ship on time and they do look after you very well.

Have a great time.

Annie:)

You dont have to dress up for the country and western night but most passengers do make an effort but no one will bother if you dont. Its basically jeans and a checked shirt I also took cowboy hats (got them in pound shop) but these were for the two kids benefit although I was also made to wear one :o but for some reason their Grandparents werent made to get one.

Formal night is quite formal usually ladies wear nice dresses or very dressy troussers and sparkly tops.

great if you are, you 1st cruise on fred olsen? i've done a few but all mini cruises. what cabin are you in? how about meeting onboard? iam in 3111, i've been in kirkwall and bergen before. i did the highland park distillery but wiill do a different one no pictuires allowed. last time in bergen i just walked around town but doing an excursion this time. where are you from?

dave

Thanks for hints on dress code. Didn't want to dress up and discover we were the only ones in long dresses on formal night. Also, quite happy to wear jeans and a checked shirt for western night. Looking forward to cruise - hope the weather's decent!

i understand if you don't want to meet up, just thought it would be nice. i like dressing us and 1 formal night i understand and a western night too. looking forward to seeing a ship i waas on 13 years ago. iasm travelling up to edinburgh sat moring. getting transfer to the port. all the best for the cruise, the weather does not look too promising. oing any excursions?

dave

• 3 weeks later...

Archived