Can I rent equiptment?

Scotttyd

My wife and I are new to scuba only have our own mask, fin, snorkle, and wet suit. Do the dive companies that the ship books with in Roatan and Cayman provide equiptment? I know it specifically lists a dive with or w/o equpitment in belize.

My wife and I are new to scuba only have our own mask, fin, snorkle, and wet suit. Do the dive companies that the ship books with in Roatan and Cayman provide equiptment? I know it specifically lists a dive with or w/o equpitment in belize.

Without the specifics of your trip it is impossible to give you a confident reply - but in my experience the companies that cater to cruises expect there to be plenty of rental customers.

Sometimes you will be contacted on the ship b4 the port call to determine what equipment you will need. Other times the trip went via the dive shop to pick up gear. My last cuise related Roatan dive we did the former. Cayman can go either way depending on the operator.

BTW - if going to Cayman may I recommend you consider a DIY shore dive at Sunset House or Eden Rock .... just as good or better and a fraction of the cost. I head down to Sunset House myself - less crowded

http://sunsethouse.com/

You won't do "the wall" if you need to check that off in your log book - but you can have 2 very enjoyable dives and lunch in between!

thanks for the info, how cool is the wall? I have heard about it, we are newly certified so we are not looking for a difficult dive, how far from the port is the place you spoke of? Walking distance? cab ride? etc.?

thanks for the info, how cool is the wall? I have heard about it, we are newly certified so we are not looking for a difficult dive, how far from the port is the place you spoke of? Walking distance? cab ride? etc.?

"the wall" - your dive will go immediately to 70 feet where you are on top of the wall ... you will then drop over the edge and the vertical coral will be straight down to ..... a lot more then u can dive toooo

Sunset House - about 1 mile south of town ... hit the web site. I walk it, but 1 mile when u know where u are going seems less than one mile unknown. A short cab ride....

Archived