Galveston hotels

dickens56

These are the two my PVP offered me when I cruised last Oct. I choose LaQuina instead.

The Tremont House - Wyndham Grand Heritage Hotel

Hotel Galvez - Wyndham Grand Heritage Hotel

I don't know but if Hughvh is correct the Tremont House & Hotel Galvez are both historic hotels owned by Wyndham.

The Tremont House is on Ships Mechanic's Row & 24th Street. It's located within the Strand Street Historic District and about a three block walk to the cruise terminal. The Strand Historic District is about a five block X five block area of downtown Galveston with many restored late 1800's to early 1900's buildings now housing restaurants, bars, museums, specialty shops and so on.

The Hotel Galvez is a much larger hotel and located on the Galveston Seawall. Great pool and a few restaurants within walking distance.

Both the Seawall and the Strand Historic District is connected by the Galveston Trolley which has stops within one or two blocks of both hotels.

If the cost was the same, I would choose the Tremont since there is more to do within walking distance. There are also plenty of restaurants and bars plus the beach on the seawall but they are spread for miles along the seawall instead of being in a five square block area.

I love the Tremont House. My DH and I have stayed there several times. We are 45 min. from Galveston and sometimes go over for the weekend. It is close to the Strand and really just a couple of blocks from the Port of Galveston. If you don't have a vehicle you are close enough to walk to everything...plenty of little shops and restaurants. No pool, but you'll have a pool all week on your cruise! - cb :)

Archived