Passport 18 weeks and still waiting !!!!!!

407dm

We applied for passports the end of March and are still waiting.

18 weeks and still nothing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have called twice and "they are in processing".

At least the processing office could have the honesty to change the website to read something like "don't look for them any before 30 weeks and then you will be thrilled when (or if) they ever show up."

I strongly suggest you call your congressman (woman). My Dad applied mid April and hasn't recieved it yet. I called our congresswoman's office and they have helped me out tremendously. The lady in her office called the agency were his application was being processed and found out it was in suspension due to not having the raised and embosed seal on it. She then called the state of issuence (sp) for is birth certificate (ND) and had them expedite a new one to the agency. This was Thur.(7/26) and she said the pp agency will then overnite the pp to him. We are leaving on 8/1. With fingers crossed I sure hope it makes it. Good luck on getting yours.:o

We (dh and myself) applied the end of March and received ours last weeks also. His was showing up on the website as processing and mine was not showing up at all. Good luck to everyone that is waiting for one now.

Sherry

My DH and myself applied on March 19 and received our last week.

I emailed the pp office three weeks ago asking where they were and then I called the following Monday. They told me they were processing and to call back at the end of the week if I heard nothing. I called the following Monday at 8am and was told they had been mailed and the girl gave me a tracking number. Two days later we received them. They came out of Miami priority mail.

Good luck to you and hopefully you will have them soon.

We (dh and myself) applied the end of March and received ours last weeks also. His was showing up on the website as processing and mine was not showing up at all. Good luck to everyone that is waiting for one now.

Sherry

Sherry, not sure if this would effect you but, because of how my last name is spelled (always know when I'm getting junk mail or a sales call, lol) I had to search a couple different ways on the site to bring it up.

Just a thought.

Thanks everyone for the support and info.

I know that I am not the only one still waiting and I agree that it is unheard of that you can build a house faster than getting a passport.

If I don't see it this week, monday morning I will start with my congressman and see what happens.

good luck to all that have applied..

who is in charge of all of this any why do they still have a job??

I got an email stating the passports will be mailed and should be here by the 5th.

that would make it 18 weeks and 3 days

We got the same message today too, after 16 weeks and our Congressman's intervention. We must have been in the same New Hampshire processing center "Dump Pile"! :)

I'm glad yours is finally on its way too!

Archived