CPAP and River Boats

CPT Trips

I use a CPAP and am looking for any tips from other users. Obviously, the particular concern is with the voltage conversion, but are there other issues that you have run into? We'll be on a Grand Circle Rhein/Danube and I know it is a 220v vessel . . . I'll also be contacting my DME vendor for info.

Any help will be greatly appreciated - thanks.

While not on a river cruise, I used a CPAP on the Jewel of the Seas in June 2007. Had no problems, except for the extension cord running across the room. I just asked the cabin attendant and he brought a cord as the ship has plenty.

Also, check your unit. Mine ran on both 50/60 cycles so it had a built in converter. If yours is relatively new, it should do the same.

I also take an extension cord as I need to plug in PDA, battery charger, etc. The cord wasn't long enough but the ship came thru.

Good Luck on your cruise and let me know how it goes. We are looking at our first river curise in 2008 or 2009 so I am collecting information.

I have a REMstar Plus, and it is dual voltage. All I needed was an adapter to convert my plug for the 220 volt socket on the ship. Worked just fine on the Amadeus Amadagio last fall.

Thanks - that's exactly what I needed to hear. I finally found info on the website that seemed to say ths same thing and it just seemed too simple. I'm waiting for a call from the respiratory therapist to confirm that for my model . . . I have visions of frying all that circuitry. My last trip to Europe was on Uncle and we had to use big heavy transformers . . .

Last year on my river trip in Russia I used my cpap. I travel with a 25 ft extension cord AND a power strip. I have a small converter that lives with the cpap bag, it is multi nation and I think I got it at Magellans. I also travel with scotch tape--to secure the cords as they drape around the cabin. Works great and you'll be amazed how many times you want a little tape!!

Last year on my river trip in Russia I used my cpap. I travel with a 25 ft extension cord AND a power strip. I have a small converter that lives with the cpap bag, it is multi nation and I think I got it at Magellans. I also travel with scotch tape--to secure the cords as they drape around the cabin. Works great and you'll be amazed how many times you want a little tape!!

Not duct tape? :) I travel with scotch whiskey . . . it's more fun.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived