Corkage fee

i don´t know about the price but the two times different sailing in the dinner and at portofinos,we brougth a bottle of champgne and they didn´t charge us anything. i don´t know if it was good luck.but twice different sailings we were happy. :o

You were lucky, patry.

Last week on the Voyager, we were charged a $12 corkage fee (which we had read about on this board) in Portofino's. What *I* thought was quite outrageous was that I was charged the 15% gratuity on this SERVICE CHARGE.

In the dining room, I said to our waiter, "I'd rather YOU got the money than RCCL." She didn't charge me the corkage fee, and she got extra money in her tip envelope. :)

Their wine list leaves a great deal to be desired. It's almost impossible NOT to bring your own, if you are any kind of a wine drinker.

Carol

Rance222

Try to tip ahead. We gave our head waiter $50 the first day on board and $25 to the Assist Waiter. They didnt charge us any corkage fee during the whole cruise. At the end of the cruise they got their tip and a little extra for their excellent service

Lydia

The corkage fee does not go to the waiter - so my question is:

Can the waiter get in trouble for failure to collect the corkage fee?

If he cannot, then WHY would any of them ever charge it and risk making their source of future tips unhappy?

I've had my corkage fee waived also and wondered if the waiter would get

into trouble. Don't think they watch that too much on wines, it's the liquor

from the alcohol store on ship where they loose the money on drinks where you can mix your own in your room.

Happy cruising,

Dave in Ky

Archived