promanade rooms

Hi everyone: we are going on the adventure of the Seas (RCCL) on April 13, 2008. We have a promanade room on the 8th floor. Can anyonyone inform me about the promanade rooms and about the cafes on the promanade? Are there charges at the cafes? thanks

Hi BB Fan

I was on the AOS last October and had a promenade room. The room over looks the promenande and has a window so it is great for people watching or watching the parade they have a copule of nights on the ship. It however is quiet and not noisy in the room. We were on the 7th floor and thought it was great.

As for the promenade cafe, the only you have to pay for are your drinks and if you have ice cream at Ben and Jerry's other than that the food is free in the cafe. They are open late, so you can also get a snack from there.

I hope that helps. Enjoy your crusie.

The best prom rooms are deck 6 only cause you are closer to the prom. Decks 6-8 are prom rooms and they have a large window overlooking the prom area. So you will get good seat for the parades and to people watch. No noise issue the windows are thick and theres a couch infrom of the window.

The cafe is open for snacks , cookies and coffe. Soda etc there is a charge but the pizza and snacks are free.

BB- You will enjoy deck 8 -- we are on deck 8 for our AOS cruise at the end of Feb. for a Promenade cabin.

We were on that deck for a PR cabin on Navigator a couple of years ago. That was our first experience in one. It's pretty convienent to the dining rooms, the pool and such. Considering ALL of our previous cabins had been balcony cabins and even a Junior Suite were were totally prepared to feel squished, but the layout of the cabin is really nice and I think having that big window looking out over the promenade area gives you the illusion that you aren't in an inside cabin!

Just remember to CLOSE your curtains when changing or doing something you don't want the folks in the cabin across you seeing!

Enjoy your cruise!

First, I will say that I love these rooms.... We have connecting ones for the next cruise. I did have to comment about keeping the curtains closed. Whe we were on our last cruise a young gentlemen was in a promanade cabin on deck 6 and began to slowly undress while watching t.v. There was a raffle happening just below, so needless to say he quickly became the focus of everyones attention. They began to cheer as each layer came off.... at the very last moment he glanced out and realized what was going on (that the cheering was about him). He moved lightening fast to close the curtain.... but not before turning every shade of red imaginable:p . Just remember.... yes we all can see you!

Personally, I used the promanade window (for parades and just checking out what is going on down there), as much as I used the balcony. I like them equally..... If pressed..... I would go with the promanade and use the extra $$$ for excursions. We just get out there;) , so the room is our pit stop!

Archived