Just got off the Triumph/ report on Jamaica

travmagic

Hi everyone.

We did the Dunnes River and Cool Runnings excursion.

Although I love Jamaica, I was a little worried after all the bad press it has gotten lately. We were a party of 4 adults and 1- 20 y/o and 2- 17y/o's.

Well, glad to say my fears were unfounded. We had a great time and everyone loved the Jamaicans. We even walked around outside of the pier with no incidents.

This is my second time doing the falls in 6 months and it was just as good the second time. It should not be missed.

Hi everyone.

Although I love Jamaica, I was a little worried after all the bad press it has gotten lately. We were a party of 4 adults and 1- 20 y/o and 2- 17y/o's.

Well, glad to say my fears were unfounded. We had a great time and everyone loved the Jamaicans. We even walked around outside of the pier with no incidents.

This is my second time doing the falls in 6 months and it was just as good the second time. It should not be missed.

Am sure we passed each other a hundred times on the ship :) .

We went to Dunn's and the Tubing via a private tour. We had a great time and Jamaica was our favorite stop of the cruise. I had been there MANY years ago when Ocho Rios was a village and Dunns had just been turned over to government for a park. Much bigger now, but just as much fun. We noticed the large number of police close to the pier and beyond. We never once felt unsafe.

Am sure we passed each other a hundred times on the ship :) .

We went to Dunn's and the Tubing via a private tour. We had a great time and Jamaica was our favorite stop of the cruise. I had been there MANY years ago when Ocho Rios was a village and Dunns had just been turned over to government for a park. Much bigger now' date=' but just as much fun. We noticed the large number of police close to the pier and beyond. We never once felt unsafe.[/quote']

Every time I hear another positive post on Jamaica my heart feels a little lighter!:D

I would be happy to hear your overall opinion on the cruise. I will give you my email if you are game.

travmagic@comcast.net

It makes me feel better to see all these good reports also. We were in Ocho Rios two years ago and things were fine, but then I've read so much bad press lately! We're going to Montego Bay next March and taking my parents and sister. Of course, my mother is already worried about Jamaica. Maybe all this will reassure her! Thanks! - CB

Thank you, guys.

I'm so pleased to see folks posting positive comments about Jamaica. After years of traveling to Jamaica and enjoying every visit I was bothered by all the attention to the single incident that occurred well off the beaten track.

Jamaica is a poor country full of very proud, friendly, competitive people. Naturally, folks are going to compete for your greenbacks. If you aren't interested a firm 'No thanks' is all it takes.

I'm going back to Jamaica, can't wait to get there, to sample more of the 'Irie', 'No problem, mon' spirit.

Thank you, guys.

I'm so pleased to see folks posting positive comments about Jamaica. After years of traveling to Jamaica and enjoying every visit I was bothered by all the attention to the single incident that occurred well off the beaten track.

Jamaica is a poor country full of very proud, friendly, competitive people. Naturally, folks are going to compete for your greenbacks. If you aren't interested a firm 'No thanks' is all it takes.

I'm going back to Jamaica, can't wait to get there, to sample more of the 'Irie', 'No problem, mon' spirit.

We totally concur!

Glad you all had a great time. We're going back for our 10th land vacation in Feb.

Jamaica soon come!

I am looking forward to my next land vacation in December. This will make my 5th trip back in 18 months (plus 3 times before that in the last few years), including the cruise. Jamaica is truly my paradise and home away from home.

It makes me feel better to see all these good reports also. We were in Ocho Rios two years ago and things were fine, but then I've read so much bad press lately! We're going to Montego Bay next March and taking my parents and sister. Of course, my mother is already worried about Jamaica. Maybe all this will reassure her! Thanks! - CB

We are a family of 5 on Carnival, went to Mo Bay feb 07 we took a Juta cab to sunset beach resort and had a wonderful time. Our kids loved it 11,13,18.

We never felt un safe coming or going. Prayer always helps too.

What kind of life can we really LIVE if our decisions are baised on fear?

Hope everyone will go and ENJOY!

Hi everyone.

We were worried about cruising Triumph in June because of things we read on the board. Totally unfounded! We thought the ship and crew were great!

We were worried about cruising Triumph in June because of things we read on the board. Totally unfounded! We thought the ship and crew were great!

Yes, the ship and crew were magnificent! And the ports were great, too.

Archived