Reservations directly through Cunard?

We2Cruzers

I was wondering if any of you have made your reservations directly through Cunard...and if you have done so, was also wondering if they are open to negotiating new prices for your booking if you found that prices had gone down after you had placed your booking.

Appreciate your thoughts and feedback.

Thanks!

Yes,, and yes

I am now a Travel agent, so book through the res system, but even before. That said, you will find that one person will be happy to re-fare you, the next will tell you it can't be done1 So if you get an answer you do not like, try calling again the next day. You will no doubt get a different answer! I got re-fared through a rep on the res system recently. Yes, they knew I was a TA, but This rep, I think would have done it anyway. It helps that I was US, and far away from final payment date. i think they figure since there is no penalty to cancel and I could simply rebook at the cheaper fare, they might as well do it themselves!

Karie,

who deals with the same frustrations non-agent passnegers do!

Hello Karie:

I prefer to book direct. And Yes reps do vary a lot. You can get another answer if you just hang up and redail. It really is luck of the draw. But I have yet to get refared on Cunard.

Tom in Long Beach

I was wondering if any of you have made your reservations directly through Cunard...and if you have done so, was also wondering if they are open to negotiating new prices for your booking if you found that prices had gone down after you had placed your booking.

Appreciate your thoughts and feedback.

Thanks!

i always book direct with cunard for various reasons. Twice the fare went down and we recieved on board credits for the difference it wasnt easy but we did get the credit. I dont believe we would have recieved the credit if we had not booked direct

...and if you have done so, was also wondering if they are open to negotiating new prices for your booking if you found that prices had gone down after you had placed your booking.

I booked through Cunard in October 2006 for an April 2007 crossing at a price of $4250 per person for a Q6 Queens Grill suite which was a discount off the brochure $4999.. Several weeks later, I discovered an on-line site where the same category was $3765 per person, a savings of $485 off the discounted price per person. In addition, the online site offered $150 per person bar credit. I called Cunard and asked them if they could match it (spoke to supervisor). Her response was "Cancel with us and book through them if you want the lower price". I now have the QV tandem crossing and the QE2 last easbound crossing booked with the on-line site at similarly discounted fares. As a result, I doubt I'd ever book directly with Cunard again.

Thanks a lot for your feedback. It looks like 6 of one half a dozen of the other. The trip I'm looking at is on QV in May 2008 - so I have a little time to ponder and check rates. We are on a crossing in September and I'll see what they are offering while we are on the cruise.

Thanks again.

Agencies book many cabins and for this reason can offer their clients the perks Cunard extends them for selling volume. Naturally, an agency will not have group space and amenities on EVERY sailing. If the amenities are unimportant book direct. However, most agents will be happy to take care of the business of refaring for you if the lower fare is brought to their attention. If they do not what prevents you from cancelling your reservation with them(particularly before final)? They don't want to lose your business and/or the commission.

Agents want to build a business on repeat clients.

I have always booked directly with the cruiseline usually using Cunards cruise consultant or since Princess is now running the booking they are called cruise consultants. If I find a better price I just call her and she has always given me the best price without any problem at all. In fact I have sometimes had the price changed more than once for the same cruise...both before and after my final payment.

Cunard will be glad to take your money and provide poor customer service and charge you more for the privilege. Use a travel agent! You will pay less and if something does go wrong, the travel agent will go to bat for you.

I cannot stress how shabbily Cunard treated me when half my booking was lost on a round trip crossing. The agent got it fixed up in no time after Cunard told me I would not be sailing under any circumstances at all.

Cunard also does not return emails or phone messages, especially if you have a beef or criticism.

And yes the problem occurred because Cunard would not match an online fare or even provide a credit and told me to book half the round trip through the agent website if I wanted the lower rate and transfer the other half of the booking as well.

With Cunard customer service, it's their way or the highway.

Archived