Conquest Review 7-22-07 (with teens!)

pink daisy

I think, if I am remembering correctly, that the sun pool is the main pool on the lido deck and, yes, it does have a calypso band playing sometimes and Music power (party music) playing sometimes. At other times it is just the music on the speakers. The pool at the back of the ship is the Sky pool (i think) and it does not have a band but does have music on the speakers (which you cannot really hear if you are in the hot tub). The hot tubs at the Sky pool are adults only which is nice because there are always tons of kids in the hot tubs at the main pool. Bar service was good but we had to walk up to the bar to get a drink at the sky pool...i think the "walk around waiters" are mainly at the main pool (may be wrong about this...just our experience).

Wow you are thorough

We are sailing September 9th and your suggestions were very helpful.

It is very strange not to have a sailaway party at Cozumel. They must know that people will want to continue that party feeling.

Robin

I have been on it 3 times, and there never has been a sailaway party. Be back on it again in January.

I think kids are allowed in the sky pool...just not the hot tubs. I could be wrong on this but I know I did see kids in that pool on occasion even if they were not allowed. Most kids, I think, prefer to be in the main pool on the lido deck..at least that is where most of them are!

I have been on it 3 times, and there never has been a sailaway party. Be back on it again in January.

We were on The NCL Sun in Cozumel April this year parked next to Conquest. On the Sun we had a nice little party going on around the pool and I did notice that there was nothing going on next door on the Conquest. Also noticed that alot of folks at thier pool area were looking over at us and probably wondering why we were having such a good time they were not.

Our little cruise group of 30+, this was the first time on NCL as we usually do Carnival out of New Orleans.

I've had a few people email me and ask me if Sunset Beach is crowded so I thought I would post my response on here too! When we were there it was NOT crowded at all. We never had to wait for drinks or "watersports toys" or the waterslides. We did have to wait a very short time (less than 5 minutes) for the food lines.

Any more info you have on the Spa would be appreciated. I have seen pros and cons listed here on CC. Really enjoyed your review and am more anxious than ever to cruise! My best friend and I are going on the Conquest in February and thought about treating ourselves to the spa services one day.:)

I think I have emailed everyone that asked for the clipboard of fun...if I missed you let me know!

Regarding the spa...I really enjoyed it. If you read my review you know I did the thing that had a facial and a massage. If you want to avoid the sales pitch (she did offer me some stuff but I said no and she dropped it...did not push me at all) maybe just get a massage and say you are doing it just to treat yourself (they give you a questionaire to fill out about what stresses you out, etc. Just say you are not stressed and maybe even write on the sheet that you are "not interested in buying products...just want a great massage!" That is what I will do next time.)The room they had me in was nice...you could see the ocean outside of this big window...very relaxing! :)

Archived