Group Reservations???

My family is thinking about taking a group cruise next year in August on the Explorer (Aug. 9). There are a lot of us that want to go, so I was wondering how they work it. I would like to book on the Freedom in October for the onboard credit, but I don't know if they do groups onboard.

Is the the number of cabins or people the qualify for group rates? I don't know how many cabins yet, but the estimate people would be probably anywhere around 20-25. This would be the best bet, because there would be no airfare needed, we could drive, 5 hours, then some of us could spend extra days in NYC.

Just wondering how this would work? I love to plan ahead.

Call group booking at RCI and they will tell you if its by berths or by cabins. 20 -25 people will qualify you though I cant remember if its berths or cabins. Anyway if you come up with the correct number, you will get the lowest price berth credited back to you to split up however you want. The credit is only for the berth and doesn't include taxes or port charges and I think its for every 16 births, but I''m going out on a limb a little here. Or if your going through a TA make sure you know what you would be entitled to before you call the TA and tell them you want full control of the group credits. When we did a group booking last year for 21 people, every cabin got a 100 OBC from the cruise line.

You get 1 free berth for every 8 cabins booked. The free berth is basically 1 passenger, and that person will still pay taxes and fees and the $$ will be based on the greatest number of cabins for a category. So if you have 4 insides, 3 ov's and 1 balcony then the free fare will be an inside.

The are also group amenity points but since I don't know about those I will let someone else answer. There was a long thread about them not too long ago so you might want to do a search.

Archived