Photo Copyright form

i'mwong

Does anyone know if there is a form that allows you to make additional copies of pictures you purchased onboard? I went to Walgreens to use their machine, but they said I had to print the release form out and bring it in with me before I can make the copies. They said it was available online, but they were not sure of the site. I checked Carnival's site and have not been able to find anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)

Laura

Does anyone know if there is a form that allows you to make additional copies of pictures you purchased onboard? I went to Walgreens to use their machine' date=' but they said I had to print the release form out and bring it in with me before I can make the copies. They said it was available online, but they were not sure of the site. I checked Carnival's site and have not been able to find anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)

Laura[/quote']

I believe if you call they can e-mail you a release form!!

Darnet....I used to use this form, but was able to print it off the companys website. If you have any cruise pics look in the bottom corner and the name of the company is there, just type in a search and it will take you right to it.

BUT I stopped doing it cause out of all my cruises NO ONE has ever asked for it.

Having just done this this past week, this is what I found.

My Carnival PVP said that she had not heard of this and she doubted that any such release would be given.

I sent an e-mail to guestinfo@carnival.com (actually I sent it through the Carnival web-site "Contact Us"). I asked about a release to make copies of the photos purchased on-board. I was sent a letter for limited reproduction within certain guidelines for private use only. It looked like a form letter but it was customized to me individually. I would recommend that you send them a request and see if they answer. I included the dates of travel and the ship for reference.

Good luck.

DOOOOHHHH..just realized Carnival is not on this one...I will keep looking for you, HOWEVER I dont think you need one because unlike RCI photos the Carnival photo's I have DO NOT say copyright on them. HMMMM!

Snoopy' date='

I am going to send that same email and hope to get the same response as you. Thanks for the link.

Laura[/quote']

Just send the e-mail and they will gladly send you the release form to print out.

I did it after our first cruise and just saved the link to the form in my mailbox for future printings and printed out a couple of extra hardcopies for more immediate use.

Bill

If you call customer service and ask for it they will either mail it to you or fax it to you if you have access to a fax. I did it last year after our cruise and told the guy that I wanted to know if there was a letter that would let me copy my pictures? He said sure I will fax one to you. I had the release letter in less than 5 minutes.

Have a great Wedding and cruise. Good Luck and Happy memories..:)

Walgreens is a stickler for this sort of thing, but the self-service reproduction machine at Walmart isn't like that. You don't need store personnel to help you with it so they generally do not know what you're copying. I had one photo that I took to Walgreens one time and it was NOT a professionally shot picture, just one that a family member had shot and they wouldn't let me make a copy of it. I refuse to reproduce pictures there anymore.

Ok here is the link you need. This is the company that handles all the photo conratcs for most cruise lines...Carnival is one of the. Im pretty sure you fill it out and then it gives you the form to print filled out for you:)

https://www.image.com/html/guest-postcruiseCopyrightReleaseForm.cfm

Use the above link as long as the photo does not the name Carnival on it.Make up a sailing.

It's not Walgreens that won't let you make copies. It is the law and Walgreens can be fined. Wal-mart feels they are above the law thats why they don't care they just want the sale they need that .29 for reprints. I have gotten copyright releases and Walgreens have taken them.

Mike

Oops...didn't know I needed a copyright form. I've always made copies on the machines at Walmart with no questions. We spend quite a bit on the pictures on the ship, and my kids (college age) like to have their own, so I copy for them.

Hmm....my photos have a Carnival logo on them and any photo lab will *NOT* duplicate them without a release form. Also, technically, when you purchased them, you agreed not to duplicate those photos without permission. If you do it yourself at the self-serve photo machines, technically you are breaking copyright law without a release form. Not that Carnival will try to find you and collect, but just warning you. I have the letter from Carnival, so I know that I am allowed to reproduce my photo for my family.

It's not Walgreens that won't let you make copies. It is the law and Walgreens can be fined. Wal-mart feels they are above the law thats why they don't care they just want the sale they need that .29 for reprints. I have gotten copyright releases and Walgreens have taken them.

Mike

Yes, there are laws about copying photos, yet anyone can copy a story printed in a newspaper and does not have to get a release to use it.

I've been a writer for newspapers for more than 20 years and it always amazes me how uptite photographers are about their photos, yet writers for printed news media aren't the same.

Personally, I don't worry about photo copy rules as long as I am not using the copied photo for my own personal gain. That's about the same rule that applies to the printed written word.

Dianne

Does anyone know if there is a form that allows you to make additional copies of pictures you purchased onboard? I went to Walgreens to use their machine' date=' but they said I had to print the release form out and bring it in with me before I can make the copies. They said it was available online, but they were not sure of the site. I checked Carnival's site and have not been able to find anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)

Laura[/quote']

Try the self service section at your nearest kinkos

I am a Project Manager for a large commercial wall covering company in NY> We did with copyright issues everyday regarding photo images

As long as you are not using the copy of the photo for sale /advertisement and its strictly for personal use you should be fine.

They are more worried about their trademark brand/Carnival/Freedom/Victory etc.. being used without their permission

Try the self service section at your nearest kinkos

I am a Project Manager for a large commercial wall covering company in NY> We did with copyright issues everyday regarding photo images

As long as you are not using the copy of the photo for sale /advertisement and its strictly for personal use you should be fine.

They are more worried about their trademark brand/Carnival/Freedom/Victory etc.. being used without their permission

Thank you for that post. I feel better now.

Dianne

Archived