Cabo/Medano Beach Question

rivieramayalover

Will be on the Elation Monday, and want to go to Medano Beach for the day. Is the water taxi the best way to get there and where do you get them? Also, I understand there are a few bars/restaurants in that area...which would you suggest? Really getting excited for this cruise...Thanks!!!:)

yes its very accessible by water taxi you will see many people there when you get off the ship offering rides..

you do have to jump out into the water, so make sure you have sandals or swim shoes on.

theres multiple places on the beach to lounge and eat..

alot of people recommend a place called the office...

its a nice area,

have fun

Melissa

The Office has become very overpriced and the food quality has gone down a bit. Plus they are just a restaurant with no lounge chairs if you are looking for somewhere to spend the afternoon. Right next door is the Mango Deck which has decent food, great lounge chairs and an all day happy hour but it is loud and rowdy with drinking games etc, wet t-shirt contest maybe not the best spot for kids. If you walk a little further down the beach the Sandbar and Tobascos are much quieter and both have great food. If you want to be in the middle of the action with the jet skis, parasailing etc though the Mango Deck is your best bet.

Mango Deck, definitely. I don't like the water taxi's because the last time I went from the beach back to the pier, I had to climb up some rebars (sp?) not very fun. I usually walk to the beach and take a regular taxi back to the pier.

Candi

The office is a great place to eat and drink in Cabo. But that said, Remember not to sit in the first tables right next to the water as my daughter and I did last season. The beach vendors will drive you out of your mind, There allowed to come as far as the first row only. The food was great and what a view. Not cheap by US standards. Try the carniasda nachos with fresh salsa like I've never had and the best guacamole to die for. Have a great time and walk back to the tender down the beach though the marina with a stop at Senior sweets for some gelato.:D

Archived