Outlet in cabin bathroom....

I know the outlet that is in the bathroom is for electric shavers only, but my question is, is it only for men's razors or can you plug in a woman's razor? I know this sounds like a stupid question, but I'd rather risk looking (or sounding) stupid than blow out all the fuses on the ship!

Thanks for your help. :)

Out of curiosity...why do they say for electric razors only? I was intending to plug in my nightlight/air freshener in the bathroom, but because it said that, I didn't do it...plugged it into a regular outlet in the room...could someone explain?

Your blow dryer probably has a plug with one prong a little wider than the other. At home, you have probably tried to plug something in and had to turn the plug over so it would fit. The outlet in the bathroom may not accept the wider prong (in either direction). Most higher wattage items have this polarized type plug. As far as using a nightlight in the bathroom, the plug is tied into the light switch and if the bath light is off, the plug is dead, therefore making the nightlight in the bathroom useless.

Archived