For Koo Hook...another hug!!!

magicmom50

Well,Koo Hook,we finally met in person and what a joy it was. It was the perfect ending to a perfect day.Siobhan and Tim wouldn't let me leave until I met and hugged you in person because they knew how important it was to me.They assured me they'd get me to the ship no matter what.

Our visit to Hoonah was all that you described and then some! We were welcomed with a warmth that I still feel.It was like going to visit old friends and getting a long awaited hug both physically and spiritually.I thank you all for that.

We enjoyed so many things while there...we went on the bear expedition at 8:30a.m. and did see bears, explored the cannery and museum,went to the salmon bake, visited the cultural center and saw the Tlingit dancers(awesome!),got teary when we threw our wood shavings into the ceremonial fire(ok,so we are emotional,but what a beautiful thing to have done ),met many wonderful folks that we spoke to and 'shared' with and just plain gaped at the beauty of the area.

Your descriptions of your native land were 'right on' and my son and I(and the 25 other family members and friends with us) feel great joy in having been there. It was truly a highlight in our trip and we hope to get back someday.

Thank you again,dear Howard,for all you are and all you have given to us from afar!You have truly made all of us closer in many ways.

GUNALCHEESH! Vicki

koo hook,

I did not get to meet you buti am vicki's nephew. i had a great visit to the island, did the bike ride while vicki did the bear view and then we all did the salmon bake, keep the island unspoiled, it was the highlight.

Please tell Siobhan i may take her up on the Chef offer for next year.

thanks again

Vicki - I can't tell you how fulfilling it was to finally meet you as well. It is people like you that truly make all the trials and tribulations worth the effort. You are always more than welcome to come back, and maybe this time we could make it a little more personal. I look forward to the day when your family might return, and we could have a barbeque with my family. You just might have to look into planning an extended vacation to Hoonah, and get even more intimate with the area. I'll be looking for your review on my thread soon! Siobhan and Tim thought you were great too. I can't tell you how gratifying our encounter was. All the frustrations, stress and whatever else that entails was sifted out of my system when I met you. You do realize that we've known each other for almost 8 months now? Is that crazy or what? Well, take care of the family, send my best, and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Pie - I'll be sure to pass the word to Siobhan and thanks for making this all worth it for us as well. Who knows, co-workers next year? UH OH!

Koo Hook....I love the idea of returning to Hoonah and having a barbeque with your family..what a nice invitation. I like even better the idea of having an extended stay. I will be thinking of that and trying to figure out a way to do it in the future! You never know...maybe someday................!

Pie wants to come as well!!!

Have wonderful days with the end of your 'tourist season'.Then enjoy the quiet of your home!

Warmly,

Vicki

Archived