Wedding cruise info request

Hello. My name is Nina Anne and my fiance and I are thinking about planning a wedding cruise. Right now we have pretty much everything taken care of if we decide to do a land-wedding at home.... but part of me really wants to get married on the cruise ship. Unfortunetly, we cannot afford the wedding party to join us and they cannot afford to go either. So... if we do this, it would just be us and whoever is on the boat. I actually like that idea.

My question is this. I don't want to use a chapel and I don't want to do it when we are at port. I want to be married when we are out in the middle of nowhere with the pictures of water behind us and the passengers watching us.:p Is this possible? If not, then I will just get married at the church but I would really like this idea more. Can anyone give me any information regarding this or who to contact? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Nina Anne

Hi Nina Anne and congratulations!

The only mainstream cruiseline that is able to perform a wedding while at sea is Princess. The ship's captain will marry you. The other main lines (Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and NCL) are only able to perform weddings while in a port, whether you are on or off the ship.

You would have to contact the wedding department at Princess for the information. I don't have the number right off hand (we're having our wedding on Carnival) but if you go to the Princess website there should be a phone number and email contact.

Hope this helps! :)

Princess will marry you at sea and you do not need to use chapel. All arrangements are through The Wedding Experience and you can find them on line to get info. You do need to book the cruise before you can book the wedding. The cost of the license is $450 and $1800 for the ceremony. This needs to be paid as soon as you book the wedding. I believe they can preform 2 ceremonies a day while at sea so it does fill up. My daughter is getting married Mar 11 on CB . She booked in April and did not get her first choice of time as it was already taken a

Archived