Civitavecchia

Andy 1333

This is the only port that I highly recommend a shore excursion because the port is so far from Rome. It was worth every penny we spent on a private excursion for 6 of us in a van. We got to see everything we wanted and the van was close by when we finsihed at the VATICAN. We didn't have to wait for the stragglers on the bus excursions which cut into your time. We got a running commentary to and from the ship. I can't be more positive that it was the right move to hire privately !!!!!

Last time we shuttled to the ship, we hired a driver and minivan that stopped for three hours in Ostia Antica, which is roughly on the way from Rome and well worth a visit.

I used Bob at http://www.romelimousines.com CCer's gave me the tip for my Rome tour and I am so glad I took the tour. We saw sooooo much more than if we had taken a lg bus and always having to wait for the same stragglers every time we stopped. UGH !!!!

Good luck and have a great time !!!!!

p.s. just around the corner from the Vatican are various gift shoppes. I bought 5 sets of beautiful rosary beads.

I managed to see a priest crossing the square and he graciously stopped and blessed every one for me.

It was a great picture for my friends to see their rosary bead gifts being blessed with the Vatican behind the priest in the photo

also when you are in the Vatican and are in places where you can take pics use the autofill or fill setting on your flash if you can. Makes for better pics.

Archived