Wi-Fi Hotspots

Leo Jay

Depends on what pier you arrive, but Starbucks is right there a block off the main area.

I think with Starbucks, you have to have a T-Mobile account or something, but thanks anyway. Actually, as I think about it, it's probably better to leave the laptop on board and just go to a web cafe anyway...

I think with Starbucks, you have to have a T-Mobile account or something, but thanks anyway. Actually, as I think about it, it's probably better to leave the laptop on board and just go to a web cafe anyway...

I've used my laptop in Starbuck's without any problems and I don't have a T Mobile account.

I'm trying to think if there are any handy internet cafes around and I can't come up with any. They are not popular here like they are in Europe. Maybe someone can think of one in OSJ, but if you need to get connected, I think bringing your laptop would be the best bet.

WiFi is getting more popular down here and that's the way to go.

Hope that helps....

Yes, I'm almost sure that last year we saw an internet cafe right in the terminal, and at least one more on the waterfront just about a 5 minute walk from the port. But I don't remember if they were cafes that provided terminals for internet access, or whether they were just wi-fi hotspots. Either way, I think it's probably not worth schlepping the laptop ashore, especially since we plan on going to the beach.

Thanks.

Archived