Motels, Hotels outside of Mobile

tnsail

We will be driving in from TN most likely on I-65.... I was wondering if there is any "best place" to stay along the I-65 route into Mobile... "Best Place" is a decent priced place with dining close by...

We will most likely use the terminal at Mobile for car storage, so driving all the way into Mobile won't be needed.... TIA for your help....

Joey

Have you looked into Saraland, AL.? It is on the way to Mobile and there are some motels, resturants, and Super Walmart for anything you might need last minute. This is just off I-65 and not much further to drive to Mobile.

You could also stay in Tillman's Corner off I-10 or anywhere in West Mobile. There are several hotels off Airport Blvd. Saraland is about 30 minutes north of the port.

I see on 2 different post you have tried to correct any advice i've given. I suggested Saraland because it was on the way to mobile, not out of the way. It's only a few minutes to mobile and you don't really have to go in a lot of traffic and it's just off I-65. This is only my suggestion!!!!!!!

Have you looked into Saraland, AL.? It is on the way to Mobile and there are some motels, resturants, and Super Walmart for anything you might need last minute. This is just off I-65 and not much further to drive to Mobile.

We are coming into Mobile from the same direction for our cruise on Holiday in November. I looked into the motels in Saraland and found the reviews (Tripadvisor) very discouraging to staying in this area. One place got decent reviews but it is more than what I choose to spend. Can you recommend a motel here in the $70 - $80 price range?

We have reservations at the Drury Inn in the Airport Blvd area. The reviews on Tripadvisor were generally good, and a family member confirmed it was a good choice. Is there something else I should know that would change my mind?

We will be driving in from TN most likely on I-65.... I was wondering if there is any "best place" to stay along the I-65 route into Mobile... "Best Place" is a decent priced place with dining close by...

We will most likely use the terminal at Mobile for car storage, so driving all the way into Mobile won't be needed.... TIA for your help....

Joey

We stayed at the La Quinta off of I-65, don't remember the exact exit, but you can locate it from their website. Dec 22nd, on a Friday, and got a rate of $69/night booking directly with La Quinta. Denny's restaurant right next door and a big shopping mall across the street. Easy on, easy off. Very clean room and also had free continental breakfast. Decent price, dining close by. Just a suggestion, BTW. A couple of years before that, we stayed at the Ramada downtown. $99/night and room was AWFUL! Dirty, damp and mildewy. Do not stay there IMHO.

It is right across the bay from the ship. The Hampton Inn has room that you can see across the bay. On the same exit is Microtel, And Hilton Garden suites and also Comfort suites. All really nice places to stay. Also plenty of places to eat on that exit and a mall. Next exit east of there is a brand new Holiday Inn Express. Maybe 6 months old and again alot of good places to eat and another big Mall on that exit. You can't go wrong with either.

BOB

Thanks for all the good info..... Now one more question, Do you think that reservations will be needed at these places?..... Dixie Lee, I noticed that you booked La Quinta from there web site. Was it full during your stay? I know that this sounds stupid but if I need to book a room I need to get with it.....:)

Thanks for all the good info..... Now one more question, Do you think that reservations will be needed at these places?..... Dixie Lee, I noticed that you booked La Quinta from there web site. Was it full during your stay? I know that this sounds stupid but if I need to book a room I need to get with it.....:)

Yes, we did book in advance, can't remember if the La Quinta was full but some of the other hotels we checked with were, but keep in mind, this was the weekend before Christmas.

We almost always book in advance now, regardless, ever since we took a road trip a few years ago from our home in Alabama to Indiana. We stopped in Tennessee for the night and ended up driving miles all around trying to find a vacant hotel. Keep in mind that this was at no special time of the year, but the area we stopped in (around Cleveland, TN) was having some kind of big national or local rodeo or bull-riding event and there were no vacant rooms for 20 miles in all directions. We had stopped for the night around midnight not expecting to have trouble finding a room, and by 2:00 am, we were sleeping in our vehicle in a Waffle House parking lot! Ever since, we rarely go somewhere without advance reservations, unless we don't know where we will stop. But, you probably would be safe as there are lots of hotels in and around Mobile since you got the 2 interstate highways plus all of the beachy areas and tourist attractions.

In April of this year we stayed at the Comfort Inn Saraland and were well pleased. It appeared there had been a lot of recent remodeling. The free breakfast was nice enough. And you are only about 15 minutes from the Port. Dont know the rate since we were using points for a free stay.

Thanks for all the good advice.... I'm gonna have to wait about booking, I have a sister that lives in B'ham and she's having a fit cause were not planning on staying there....:o ....:) Trying to reach some sorta middle ground..... lol Don't really want that 5 + hour drive Saturday morning from B'ham to Mobile........

Thanks for all the good advice.... I'm gonna have to wait about booking, I have a sister that lives in B'ham and she's having a fit cause were not planning on staying there....:o ....:) Trying to reach some sorta middle ground..... lol Don't really want that 5 + hour drive Saturday morning from B'ham to Mobile........

My advice would be to go to Mobile the day before. Every time we have driven I-65, not just to cruise out of Mobile but to get on I-10, travel to NO, etc., we have run into long delays in traffic, almost all due to traffic accidents. When we came back from our Xmas cruise, we hit traffic that was backed up for miles due to an accident in the southbound lane. We ended up having to get off of I-65 and detour around. Heard reports later that traffic was backed up eleven miles for over 4 hours. All we could think of was how many people were in the southbound lane heading to Mobile for their cruise and, if they were not late, they would certainly be pushing the deadline for boarding.

Thanks for your input Dixie, I'm gonna need ammo to tell her that we are gonna just drop by and head on to Mobile, that is if she lets us in her house now.....LOL.... She can be pretty head strong at times..... I think living in Ala. has made her more out spoken.....;) .... That hasn't happened around your home has it?....:)

Joey

Thanks for your input Dixie, I'm gonna need ammo to tell her that we are gonna just drop by and head on to Mobile, that is if she lets us in her house now.....LOL.... She can be pretty head strong at times..... I think living in Ala. has made her more out spoken.....;) .... That hasn't happened around your home has it?....:)

Joey

Some would say so :eek: .....LOL............. Good luck.

Archived