BOO-Hoo I must cancel...

Lulachick

my planned trip on the Legend next August for my birthday because I need to have surgery on my left rotator cuff. I can't afford to pay for both. I can't put off my shoulder another year to enjoy a fabulous cruise or I may not be able to use it on the cruise. My DH has promised me that if I will go ahead and have it done by winter we will do one in 2009. I know what I am getting into surgery wise because I have already had the right repaired. I tore them both at the same time 9 years ago Nov. 5th. It is not an easy surgery to get over and I figure that if I have it done in the winter of '08 by summer of '09 my shoulder will be completely rehabbed and I won't have to worry about moving it wrong and the pain taking me to my knees. So to any of you going on the Legend in July 27 '08 have a few for me and have fun!:p

my planned trip on the Legend next August for my birthday because I need to have surgery on my left rotator cuff. I can't afford to pay for both. I can't put off my shoulder another year to enjoy a fabulous cruise or I may not be able to use it on the cruise. My DH has promised me that if I will go ahead and have it done by winter we will do one in 2009. I know what I am getting into surgery wise because I have already had the right repaired. I tore them both at the same time 9 years ago Nov. 5th. It is not an easy surgery to get over and I figure that if I have it done in the winter of '08 by summer of '09 my shoulder will be completely rehabbed and I won't have to worry about moving it wrong and the pain taking me to my knees. So to any of you going on the Legend in July 27 '08 have a few for me and have fun!:p

Bummer you have to cancel your cruise, but you need to take care of yourself so you will be ABLE to cruise in the future!! :) Good luck!

I'm sorry you're missing out on your trip, Lulachick :( Your story is very familiar to me though, my dad has had both shoulders done exactly the same way. He had them both done twice...in each case, the first surgery didn't do it, so they went to the next level, where they staple the bicep right onto the bone. Your description of one wrong move bringing you to your knees in pain also sounds exactly like what he described. The good news is, as I'm sure your doctors have told you, is that you should be pain-free once you've rehabbed. Good luck and get ready to jump on that boat in '09!

I feel your pain, literally. I had rotator cuff surgery done on both of mine, as well. With intensive work I was rehabbed in six moths. Not pleasant, not in the least.

I had a great surgeon and ended up with 100% range of motion and utility. I hope you do as well.

That's a bummer about canceling AND about the rotator cuff. I was afraid I had torn mine during softball earlier this year (still not convinced that I didn't do something to it) but my husband said that rotator cuff injuries are incredibly painful and long-lasting, and they never truly heal. Whatever I did to mine, I understand how much pain that causes.

Hopefully the 2009 cruise will be worth the wait!

I know exactly what you are talking about. Had my surgery day before Thanksgiving and wasn't healed until the following summer. Its a tough surgery to recuperate from. Good luck with the surgery. Sorry you have to cancel.

Archived