iron or blowdryer available in room - pride

mthaydu

Was wondering if we could be packing a little bit lighter and not have to bring an iron or blowdryer. Are they in the room for you to use and are they descent to use.

thanks,

first time cruisers

There are blow dryers in the room on the Pride. However, you have to hold the button down all the time while drying your hair. I take my own travel dryer that folds over nice and compact.

As far as an iron is concerned, there are irons in the laundry facilities for you to use. Irons are not allowed in cabins as they are a fire hazard. Fire at sea can be very dangerous.

I know people bring travel steamers. I think they really don't want any type of irons in the rooms.The laundry rooms have the iron and ironing boards. They also have laundry service if you want them to do it.

I hate to be repetitive within a thread, BUT......I don't think this can be stressed enough.

As the above have said, NO irons of any kind allowed in cabins, please. (Also no candles.):eek: Huge safety hazards at sea!

Laundry rooms available for you to use, and you could also take along some "Wrinkle Release", works great for me!

Safe sailing!

I take an iron / steamer combo, and that is allowed. Very compact, and works great. Trust me, you don't want to rely on using the laundry rooms - since they usually are only 1 to a deck, and not always - sometimes two decks have to use only one room. They only have two washers, two dryers, and two irons...and if you are lucky both of them will be working. The laundry service is kind of expensive, and if you have something delicate, or beaded - you are taking a chance!

I take an iron / steamer combo, and that is allowed.

Just wondering why you think your appliance is allowed - when Carnival clearly states in their brochure AND "WelcomeAboard" booklet: "NO IRONS OR CANDLES ARE ALLOWED IN CABINS."

Bring your own blow dryer. The ones on the ships aren't very powerful. My hair is short & not real thick and it took me FOREVER to dry my hair. After using the ship's dryer once, every time after that, I'd run down the hall & borrow my friend's. Taught me a lesson. After that I brought my own travel sized one!

Well, my combo iron is about the size of a long hairbrush, and the actual size of the iron is smaller than your hand. I've taken it on every cruise (6) since I got it 4 years ago, in my carry on, and they have never said a thing. It may be small - but it really helps in a pinch. You know, smoking in the cabins...which a lot of people do, is far more dangerous than my tiny travel iron :)

I agree about the hair dryers..they are so awkward. It is good to have a back-up travel one

Irons are strictly prohibited and mentioned by name as prohibited items. Just because you get away with it doesn't make it any safer. They are dangerous, prohibitied and unnecessary, given they are provided on the ship in laundry rooms that are equipped to handle them.

Your outlook on this really needs adjusting.

Smoking is not prohibited, irons are.... period. Should be end of conversation... no irons, it is a safety hazard. Does not matter if your cell phone doubles as an iron and you consider it safe, Carnival does not list exceptions...

tHANKS FOR THE INFO, DOES THIS ALSO MEAN THAT I CAN'T BRING MY OWN TRAVEL IRON.

The supply of electricity on the ship is not infinite. Travel irons are NOT a great idea on a ship unless you like to gamble. Though I do imagine that if a travel iron overloaded the system (of course not by itself) then the passengers might be able to file a suit for a cruise refund for being in dark, unairconditioned space while the crew made repairs.

Irons are strictly prohibited and mentioned by name as prohibited items. Just because you get away with it doesn't make it any safer. They are dangerous, prohibitied and unnecessary, given they are provided on the ship in laundry rooms that are equipped to handle them.

Your outlook on this really needs adjusting.

TWO POINTS!

Another idea, have it pressed for you while onboard.

Archived