Can I keep both OBCs (RCCL and TA incentive)??

Ok, I am greedy!

I booked onboard and received a $100 OBC..now I am thinking of transfering the booking to an agent who is offering free insurance or $100 OBC. Has anyone else done this?

Can I transfer the booking and keep both credits...and other than the credit is there any advantage to transferring the booking?

In the past I have always booked onboard and just left the booking with RCCL so this is new to me.

TIA!! Charlene

RCI will let you combine the OBC with other promotions, so I should think it would be fine. I wouldn't transfer the reservation unless I knew and thought well of the TA, though. $100 isn't enough money to risk the reservation being messed up, being hit with a cancellation fee if you have to cancel, etc.

I'm very greedy - I get a credit for booking onboard, another for being a shareholder, redeem any coupons that apply and take a balcony discount for being Diamond. I don't have an RCI credit card, though...:rolleyes:

Ok, I am greedy!

I booked onboard and received a $100 OBC..now I am thinking of transfering the booking to an agent who is offering free insurance or $100 OBC. Has anyone else done this?

Can I transfer the booking and keep both credits...and other than the credit is there any advantage to transferring the booking?

In the past I have always booked onboard and just left the booking with RCCL so this is new to me.

TIA!! Charlene

Definitely! Just be sure to keep the same reservation number when/if you transfer [but make sure it's an agent that you'll be happy with]. Within the past year I did a 14 night repostioning with $200 On-board booking credit, $250 stockholder credit, $150 TA credit AND $400 mechanical problem/ missed port credit - that is $1000, and we were paying less than $1800 for the inside cabin, so it more than covered one of us:). I figure if I try hard enough, maybe I can get them to pay me to cruise:D

Note that you are NOT allowed to transfer your on-board booking credit to a group booking, as that will entail a new res #.

Note that you are NOT allowed to transfer your on-board booking credit to a group booking, as that will entail a new res #.

Just to clarify that with the new "Future Cruise" bookings onboard you actually can transfer it to a group because you don't actually book a cruise but just pay a partial deposit on some futute booking. That's really a great improvement. I have a lot of small groups that like to book onboard to get the OBC but we can't transfer it to a group so in the past they either missed the group incentives or the OBC.

Ok, I am greedy!

TIA!! Charlene

If you change to TA you will lose the OBC. We looked into this last week with RCI. The reservation number would change if moved to a` TA, therefore you'd lose the OBC as it is linked to the res number.

If you change to TA you will lose the OBC. We looked into this last week with RCI. The reservation number would change if moved to a` TA, therefore you'd lose the OBC as it is linked to the res number.
Sorry, but I have to disagree with this. While it is true that you do have to keep the same res# to keep the OBC, you CAN do this. I have transferred on-board bookings several times, and kept [and subsequently used] my on-board booking OBCs. I just transferred a RCI res last week, and was assured by both RCI and the TA that the on-board booking OBC would be maintained.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with this. While it is true that you do have to keep the same res# to keep the OBC, you CAN do this. I have transferred on-board bookings several times, and kept [and subsequently used] my on-board booking OBCs. I just transferred a RCI res last week, and was assured by both RCI and the TA that the on-board booking OBC would be maintained.

Our situation was a bit different. We wanted to use credit card award points and were told that we if we did this our reservation would be transferred and we'd lose the obc. As it turned out, our certs booking instructions were to call RCI directly. Everything worked out for us.

Sorry I mixed up 2 issues.

while we were with the LA on the explorer we asked her about the OBC and transferring it to a TA. She said it would be no problem. When we got back we transferred to a TA who offered $350 OBC. We had to fill out a form and fax to RCI to get the correct reservation #'s transferred so we could keep everything. Then I had the TA email me a confirmation that we still had RCI's $100 OBC and their $350 OBC. I will take this with me in case they don't show up on our seapass card.

An individual reservation CAN be pulled into a group and preserve the onboard rebooking OBC ... the booking needs to be for transferred to the TA, and then the TA needs to have the groups dept pull the ressie into the specific group ... yes, in the group the booking ID changes but the groups department manually adjusts the booking to include the original booking OBC ... I did this with over a dozen rooms (they'd originally been booked as individual ressies on a Sept 2008 cruise, then when the group leader confirmed the group space would actually be in May 2008 I had to move the individual ressies from Sept to May with the OBC intact, and then I had to pull them into the group, preserving the OBC on each).

It takes a bit of work, but can be done.

I transfer all the time from RCCL. My reservation ALWAYS stays the same number and YES, I keep my OBC from RCCL and any OBC from stock or visa awards PLUS the OBC from my TA is added! :) Nothing changes at all and I can still view it online and print my own seatsailpass once its paid in full and order my own docs which I choose to do so by mail! I do NOT transfer until close to final pmt. Its is a transfer only, the TA does nothing but add OBC.

while we were with the LA on the explorer we asked her about the OBC and transferring it to a TA. She said it would be no problem. When we got back we transferred to a TA who offered $350 OBC. We had to fill out a form and fax to RCI to get the correct reservation #'s transferred so we could keep everything. Then I had the TA email me a confirmation that we still had RCI's $100 OBC and their $350 OBC. I will take this with me in case they don't show up on our seapass card.

Your TA sounds like mine and if it is, you will have no problem! :)

Archived