Theme nights on board?

jetstorm

Somewhere I saw something mentioned about theme nights onboard, like 70's or western, that sort of thing. How can I tell if my ship will have a theme night and what it will be? I'll be on the Crown Princess on Dec. 22.

Every Princess cruise I've been on has had an Island (tropical) night, and most have had a 50's night (sock hop) and country western night. A lot of passengers dress for the island night, but far fewer for the other two, so if you go prepared you'll definitely stand out (in a good way).

Somewhere I saw something mentioned about theme nights onboard, like 70's or western, that sort of thing. How can I tell if my ship will have a theme night and what it will be? I'll be on the Crown Princess on Dec. 22.
There is usually an Island night with deck party, where aloha shirts are the way to go. The other theme nights are usually only celebrated in one of the lounges, and people usually do not dress for the night other than their visit to that lounge.

Check around the boards for a link to someone's web site for Princess Patters for the Crown Princess. I'm pretty sure the themes will only show at one venue.

I've only been on three Princess cruises, but have seen only one theme night...and that was an Island Night on our last one, which was fitting because it was a Hawaiian cruise. Many people got to put on some of the Aloha wear they bought in the Islands. It was a deck party with dancing and music.

The Island princess had a 70s "Disco Party" (a lot of fun for us baby boomers from that timeframe), and the usual Western night and 50s Sock Hop.

Those 3 seem to be the most popular, and many passengers come prepared with costumes and all. One guy actually came with an Elvis style wig for the 50s night. He was a hoot!

Archived